Sewer Hose Storage

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Make sure your hose is rinsed out well with plenty of clean water and that will take care of most of your problems. A real clean hose does not present many storage problems.

Said Mrs. O'Leary as she kissed the cow, "It's all a matter of taste"!  If you don't mind a little Shy_e on yer sandwich, have at it!

It is all mind over matter.

If you don't mind, it don't matter. To me, there are more important things than being anal retentive about a sewer hose. Like it or not, we are all going to eat a little s--- at one time or another. I am going to have my immune system built up and ready for it.

In 70 years, I have spent 3 days in a hospital and that was with a broken femur. My health is very good and I think I owe it all to s--- sandwiches.

Enjoy! Many people live to a "ripe" old age with that level of personal hygiene, so no need to be defensive about it. Just do the world a favor and don't go around shaking hands!

go to home depot and buy 8 ft of 6inch pipe then go to

http://www.weatherguard.com/en/products/van-storage-equipment/roof-racks?ipp=999999&cp=1&sort=default&tts=1451234145002

and buy the conduit kit Model 239

done deal lol

Attachments

• 239_PI.jpeg
    239_PI.jpeg
    10 KB · Views: 35
  • 611942047635lg.jpg
    611942047635lg.jpg
    10.7 KB · Views: 16
WILDEBILL308 said:
"Just an observation, I have seen may people handle their sewer hose" How do you do it? I would guess at some point you are going to half to "handle it"
I did see a camper this summer in a state park pull up and dump then throw the hose in the camper. On the other  extreme are those who never use the bathroom in their campers because they would have icky stuff to dump. :p
Bill

Box of latex gloves from one of the dollar stores. I keep it just inside the storage compartment.

srs713 said:
Box of latex gloves from one of the dollar stores. I keep it just inside the storage compartment.

Same here.  But I get mine from Harbor Freight.  I use those 20% coupons you find in many magazines.

halfwright said:
Sorry.

I do tend to get defensive when other people are offensive.
Don't let him bother you. He likes to make big statements then gets winey if questioned. This from someone who doesn't have a coach listed in their profile or sig.  :eek: ::)
Bill

halfwright said:
It is all mind over matter.

If you don't mind, it don't matter. To me, there are more important things than being anal retentive about a sewer hose. Like it or not, we are all going to eat a little s--- at one time or another. I am going to have my immune system built up and ready for it.

In 70 years, I have spent 3 days in a hospital and that was with a broken femur. My health is very good and I think I owe it all to s--- sandwiches.

i agree except for the femur part

2yrs in 1986 motorcycle accident neck,jaw, cheek, skull, broken leg 5000 place - wrist destroyed, kidneys, liver
2 weeks after getting out from the motorcycle accident  -appendix
2003 - back surgery - 2015 Nov 4 - 4th back surgery anterior spinal fusion  8) lol
Dr says i'm healthy as horse just bad back lol

Well I have two sewer hoses, a short one and a long one, short one stores in a Rubbermaid type box with a lid and I also use that container when I open the sewer drain cap to catch the drainage that is always ready to dump out on the ground otherwise. Then when finished, dump container into the sewer drain and rinse it out.
For the long hose I use a plastic tray type box that is meant for mixing up small batches of concrete or grout. Available at Home Depot or Lowe's.
For gloves I use the blue disposable from Harbor Freight. If there is no garbage dump available when dumping I toss the used gloves in the black tray with the long hose and get rid of them later.

azwinne said:
Well I have two sewer hoses, a short one and a long one, short one stores in a Rubbermaid type box with a lid and I also use that container when I open the sewer drain cap to catch the drainage that is always ready to dump out on the ground otherwise. Then when finished, dump container into the sewer drain and rinse it out.

Tom,  have a way to fix the problem of having liquid run out when you remove the cap. This is what I have and it works great and it's not expensive. Watch this video:  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VSagjLjB7YI

Tom,  have a way to fix the problem of having liquid run out when you remove the cap. This is what I have and it works great and it's not expensive. Watch this video:  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VSagjLjB7YI
[/quote]

I have one of those too.  Have heard of them being stolen at campgrounds, so I fastened  mine on with a couple of screws.  It can still be stolen but not without a screwdriver.  Never even have a drop leak out.

For 4 dollars and change I buy new valve seals and replace them. Then they don't leak. I suppose you could just keep adding valves each time one wears out, but repairing the old one is so easy that it makes more sense on my rig.

ken

bucks2 said:
For 4 dollars and change I buy new valve seals and replace them. Then they don't leak. I suppose you could just keep adding valves each time one wears out, but repairing the old one is so easy that it makes more sense on my rig.

ken

I agree it's easy to overhaul a valve but the problem is on my rig, I have to pull down the 7' X 7' belly in order to get to the valves and that's only for 2 of the three tanks.

This is what I did.
http://rvbasics.com/techtips/RV-Sewer-Hose-Storage.html

Dale

halfwright said:
Yep, I do that!! And most of the time I do enjoy my lunch. I drank out of garden hoses, did not wear a helmet when bike riding and ran with scissors when I was younger. I swam in an irrigation canal with no chlorine added. I enjoy living on the edge.
[/quo3te]
You have a serious problem my friend.

Back
Top Bottom