sheets/unsure of size to get

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ekg

We bought a 2014 Newmar CanyonStar. Beds seem to possibly be queen but they all measure differently.
58 x 70 bedroom
61 x 71 foldout couch
61 x 88 garage bottom
58 x 79 garage  top

Table bed 63 X 28

Confused as to what to  buy.

And I'll add to the complexity.  Make sure you measure how thick they are.  Many of the newer mattresses are thicker than others especially if it has a pillow top.  No RV mattress is the same so you have to go shopping with all the measurements in hand.  I've returned sheets and blankets because they wouldn't fit.  I've also added to the end of the top sheet so it would stay tucked in.  Sometimes getting extra deep pockets helps.

ArdraF

According to (http://www.overstock.com/guides/bed-size-fact-sheet) these are the "standard" bed sizes;

King 76 x 80 long
California King 72 x 84
Queen 60 x 80
California Queen 60 x 84
Olympic Queen 66 x 80
Full or Double 54 x 75
Twin or Single 39 x 75
Long Twin 44 x 75

Add in the depth of mattress issue that Ardra brings up and you will find a lot of try it to see if it fits. RV's are known for having "short" queen beds and other anomalies. A good friend with a sewing machine can do wonders for making sheets, blankets and comforters fit.

Ken

58 x 70 bedroom - Full
61 x 71 foldout couch - Full-xtra long
61 x 88 garage bottom - King-ish
58 x 79 garage  top - Queen
Table bed 63 X 28 - Twin

The above is about the closest you're going to get to actual mattress sizes. Hope it helps.

Edit to add:These are not the exact measurements of the sizes represented, but, they have the closest sq. inches to the dimensions given without being to small.

So if you're like us you like to strip the sheets off and then immediately remake the bed with a change of sheets while the others get washed and then put back in the cupboard to get used next time. But with so many different sizes and really none of them fitting properly I might just go with two California Queen size flat sheets for the 4 big beds and twins for the small one. Tucking them in under the matteress should work just fine. Not knowing the depth of the mattresses I suppose take a queen flat sheet to try it on each mattress and then decide if maybe you need to go to King to get enough wrap around.

This post makes me happy that we have 2 standard size queen beds in our MH. The fold out is a thinner air mattress but the sheets fit just fine.

Ken

Why oh Why can't they just use some standard bedding sizes?!?  Ugh!!!

We have std queen sheets on our short queen in the RV.  I often end up with my corner of the fitted sheet untucked form the mattress and tucked in under me.

And the overcab bunk for the kids is worse.  i think they figure that kids in sleeping bags will be up there.

One of these days that will probably never happen, I'll have time to make some proper sized sheets!

Donna is a good seamstress, so she took standard sized sheet and altered them to fit the various beds in the RV.  For example, she took regular Queen, and put a pleat to make it a queen short.  We did try premade RV linen but the quality just was not there.

Ed

I haven't been on in some time
Thank you all for the help!

Hfx_Cdn said:
    Donna is a good seamstress, so she took standard sized sheet and altered them to fit the various beds in the RV.  For example, she took regular Queen, and put a pleat to make it a queen short.  We did try premade RV linen but the quality just was not there.

Ed

This makes total sense.  I've wondered about cutting and restitching the corners.  Can't get Maria to do it.  This idea she likes. 

Google for bed sheet straps. They are suspenders for sheets.
They pull the edges together under the mattress so the top is flat.

We have a full size queen and use the fitted queen for the mattress and use a king size sheet on top under the blanket and comforter.

Google for bed sheet straps. They are suspenders for sheets.
They pull the edges together under the mattress so the top is flat.

I think that is the best idea ever. Lots easier than sewing seams in.

We share  just the bottom sheet. My DH steals the blankets during the night, then the dog comes along and hops up into the bed, leans against me and slides as he lays down. I would end up with enough blankets to cover half way. I can sleep completely uncovered, or completely covered, but not half. I tried king size sheets and blankets and just ended up with more on the floor on DHs side of the bed. My solution,,, 2 twin size top sheets and blankets. We each get our own set. I sleep much better. :)

I have a couple of big bolts of percale, don't think you can even buy it anymore.  Fort the last motorhome, I made sheets, Measured for sheet and dropdown, put in a casing after mitering the corners and ran elastic around.  They fit great, let them go with the motorhome.

We bought a new queen size for this motorhome so standard fit and for the couch bed I just use a queen microfiber blanket, works good and stays on fine.

Back
Top Bottom