Should I be concerned? (With light coming through a roof seam in my RV?)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Where the roofing material goes under the trim piece is the same seam they didn't seal with mine. That's where I caulked myself. I don't have wrinkles in my roof like you do. I don't understand how caulking that seam will stop the light coming through going by the pic you posted. Try removing the plastic screw cover from the trim to see if there are holes drilled through the trim that need to be sealed.

So you are saying the light is passing through the roofing material?  That would make sense I suppose.

Brad, yes the light must be coming through the roof when the day is very sunny. If you look at the photos, even if you enlarge them, there are no holes on the rubber roof.

Keep a close eye on the bubling. It could be an indication tht the rubber material is separating from the wood underneath.  Is it still under warrantee? If it is, take back to the dealer because that's not right IMHO. 

The light could also be coming through the plastic strip that covers the screws that hold the trim piece on.

Some light might even be coming through thin areas of the FRP wall.
I have light coming through mine....but on mine the top of the wall is basically the thin skin with no core board or backing, and it's gently folded to round over to the roof.  With all my windows blacked out with my reflectix shades, it's pretty dark in there on a bright sunny day, and I can see light coming through in a place or two where the "crown molding" inside isn't tight.
no holes, and knock on wood no leaks

I recon similar to how you can see light coming through the hull of a glass boat

There's probably a void behind your interior trim/panels and so the actual light leak might not be directly inline with what you are seeing.

I recon similar to how you can see light coming through the hull of a glass boat

Ahh, memories!!! In the cabin of my first keel sailboat, during a thunder storm you could see the lighting flashes as clearly as you could if standing on the deck!! Scary.... On my second one, which had an inside hull liner, we did not have that pleasure. 8)

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Savysoaker
Back
Top Bottom