Shower faucet opinions please.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Kheren

Hi. I want to replace the shower faucet, we have no tub. I’d like opinions on getting rid of the faucet/tub diverted part, using shower hose only. Will I get better pressure or worse? Any cons to doing this at all? Slightly afraid I’ll miss that function once it’s gone even though I don’t use it now except to stabilize temperature first. Hmm. Also I’d like to go from the 2 handles to one. And tips appreciated. Thanks,
Kim

It would be helpful if you could post a picture of what you have now. Does your RV have a something of this type?
Builders-Shoppe-2009-4120-RV-Motorhome-Non-Metallic-Diverter-Lavatory-Faucet-with-Matching-Hand-Held-Shower-Set-3ba0213d-69d2-43c0-b4a2-fc846f3eef93_600.jpg

Part of the problem is that you probably do not have access to the back side of the plumbing. If you have shower water pressure issues it probably isn't the faucet anyway. If you are using a cheap barrel type of water pressure regulator, it has too small a portal for the flow to keep up with pressure. It also may be that your shower head is a problem. I would suggest that before you do a lot of remodeling of the RV you should try replacing your present shower head with one from Oxygenics as we have found that to be the very best shower improvement that we have found in our last 2 RVs.
31SwZsJ0hOS._AC_UL640_FMwebp_QL65_.jpg

Depending on how much space behind the wall you have a home single handle shower faucet might be the best. But if yours is anything like mine was there is simply not enough room. Not to mention access.

I don't think you'll get any added pressure by changing out the faucet assembly, but Kirk's dead on about the Oxygenics shower head. Second best mod I've done to the coach(after the bottle opener I mounted next to the fridge) :cool:

It would be helpful if you could post a picture of what you have now. Does your RV have a something of this type?
Builders-Shoppe-2009-4120-RV-Motorhome-Non-Metallic-Diverter-Lavatory-Faucet-with-Matching-Hand-Held-Shower-Set-3ba0213d-69d2-43c0-b4a2-fc846f3eef93_600.jpg

Part of the problem is that you probably do not have access to the back side of the plumbing. If you have shower water pressure issues it probably isn't the faucet anyway. If you are using a cheap barrel type of water pressure regulator, it has too small a portal for the flow to keep up with pressure. It also may be that your shower head is a problem. I would suggest that before you do a lot of remodeling of the RV you should try replacing your present shower head with one from Oxygenics as we have found that to be the very best shower improvement that we have found in our last 2 RVs.
31SwZsJ0hOS._AC_UL640_FMwebp_QL65_.jpg
I’ve read a lot on the one you shared, looks like good reviews. I was hoping to match the black metal sink faucets I’ve installed but it’s not totally necessary I guess. I have fine pressure and use a regulator, just curious if I got rid of the tub filling part, would it affect anything. The hot water knob was starting to feel stripped (keeps spinning) so I’ve already taken it off to see what I’m dealing with. It’s accessible but very tight. I put the old one back on until I find what I’d like to use. I appreciate your reply!! The first photo is what I have now (I’ve upgraded the hose long ago) and the other two are ideas. Thanks again. 31FFBE7E-A5B8-4FDF-BE15-86DEB89D9544.jpeg6072C690-29B2-430C-AD9E-13715052AC74.jpegD92CB3FE-5AD6-4A81-933B-5838B0A18300.jpeg
Depending on how much space behind the wall you have a home single handle shower faucet might be the best. But if yours is anything like mine was there is simply not enough room. Not to mention access.
It is very tight indeed, I’ve already taken it off just to see what’s up. It will be difficult especially if I need any adapter…IF I use a residential model.
I don't think you'll get any added pressure by changing out the faucet assembly, but Kirk's dead on about the Oxygenics shower head. Second best mod I've done to the coach(after the bottle opener I mounted next to the fridge) :cool:
I keep hearing great things about the Oxygenics, man I wish it was in black! Ha! And the bottle opener is always the best mod for sure!!

EDIT: I’m now seeing the Oxygenics DOES in fact come in different colors/styles! Can I now get opinions on why it’s so good? Say instead of going residential! Also that’s just the hose part right? Still need to figure out the faucet part. Thank you everyone!!!

I changed mine out to a shower only faucet. This keeps you from having to pull the magic thingy to divert water away from the faucet and to your shower head. This will save a tid bit of water too, which was important to me.
There are lots of styles so just pick your poison.
There is no downside.
The reason i really changed it out was to get rid of the two knobs for hot n cold and just use the lever style. With one hand holding the shower head, I can operate quickly and easily the hot/cold controls all at once. When trying to save water anything that saves time in the shower helps.

I changed mine out to a shower only faucet. This keeps you from having to pull the magic thingy to divert water away from the faucet and to your shower head. This will save a tid bit of water too, which was important to me.
There are lots of styles so just pick your poison.
There is no downside.
The reason i really changed it out was to get rid of the two knobs for hot n cold and just use the lever style. With one hand holding the shower head, I can operate quickly and easily the hot/cold controls all at once. When trying to save water anything that saves time in the shower helps.
Thanks. I’ve decided to find a decent shower only/one lever faucet for this exact reason. I appreciate your reply!
Oxygenics showers are not RV specific but have become very popular in the RV community because they work so well.
Ok, got it, I think I will give the Oxygenics a go. Thank you!

i would also like to change the shower control to get more volume. The oxygenics does not do this, as it only increases the pressure of the same amount of water volume delivered by the water control valve, which has a very small hole for water flow. Has anyone found an tv control valve that will allow more water volume, or modified an existing one?

43BBA103-3F17-4785-A0C0-AA3C8EEB514F.jpegFunny I just checked the name brand to the shower head I upgraded to last year…Oxygenics. Ha!

i would also like to change the shower control to get more volume.
I highly doubt that changing to a different valve will do anything to help. What sort of water pressure regulator do you use? That is far more likely to be where the problem is as many of them do not allow a large enough volume of water for pressure to be maintained. Unless your faucet is not opening completely, it will supply as much water as is available to it. Your RV probably has 1/2" ID water lines and nothing will change that.

I highly doubt that changing to a different valve will do anything to help. What sort of water pressure regulator do you use? That is far more likely to be where the problem is as many of them do not allow a large enough volume of water for pressure to be maintained. Unless your faucet is not opening completely, it will supply as much water as is available to it. Your RV probably has 1/2" ID water lines and nothing will change that.
Thanks for your reply. I currently do not have a problem with pressure. I just want to change the faucet to one that does not have the tub filler part and only one lever. Only hoping it made no difference in pressure.

If you remove the water control valve on a shower faucet, you will see that the water supply opening in the control valve is only 1/4”. You are never going to get much water through that. That is why I am looking for a valve that will allow more water flow.

Back
Top Bottom