Shower head recommendations

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

BinaryBob

Moderator Emeritus
I'm looking to replace a broken hand held shower head with hose.
Lots to choose from, but I'm looking to avoid a water saver type.
I enjoy a good blasting pressure shower with the given PSI, not some water saver trickle.
Any recommendations?

BinaryBob said:
I enjoy a good blasting pressure shower with the given PSI, not some water saver trickle.

Well, there's this, but you're going to need a bigger pump

Uhhhh. Well Scott, I was hoping for something in between. Not a fire hose that will drill holes in my head.?But thanks for the recommendation!

You'll probably have to dig into whatever shower head you get and remove the flow restrictor device to get the force you want in an RV.  Usually it's a washer with a small hole in the middle to reduce the amount of water getting through it.

RVs usually have less water pressure than a typical house, especially when using the internal pump.

I went to Wal-Mart and got a Peerless Full Spray Hand Shower Head with Pause, located the flow restrictor and removed it.  Works fine on the 40 PSI pressure my shore water pressure regulator is set for or on the internal pump.

We have an Oxygenics RV that works fine for us.

https://www.amazon.com/ETL-26781-White-Oxygenics-Shower/dp/B00F5MUB66

Another vote for the Oxygenics. I don't know how they do it, but that thing is GREAT! I can wash my thick hair with it, which requires some water pressure. Plus, I can shower, shampoo, and rinse and still not run out of hot water with a 6-gal. water heater.

LOVE it!

For those of you who endorsed the Oxygenics, how many have the white plastic one, and when did you buy it?  I've noticed that many of the negative reviews for this model state that the purchaser had a previous Oxygenics that they loved, but found the new one to be cheaply made, prone to failure, and just generally of low quality.  I'd love to hear some great news about the current production, because I really want to experience the satisfaction I read about on these forums.  But if the happy users have had them for a long time, it doesn't mean that the new ones are as good.
So, how long have you had it, and how much do you like it?  Any suggestions/recommendations?  Thanks in advance.

I just purchased a '14 Forest River Rockwood Signature 5er to replace my '08 Dutchmen toy hauler.  So far, so good, and I really like the light weight. Needs a few tweaks, such as the shower head, and I'm making it "my own" as funds allow.

Mine is white plastic, bought two years ago. No problems except the plastic ball to control the direction/angle of the head when on the wall doesn't stay where I put it for long. Nuisance but nothing more.

UTTransplant said:
Mine is white plastic, bought two years ago. No problems except the plastic ball to control the direction/angle of the head when on the wall doesn't stay where I put it for long. Nuisance but nothing more.

Mine does the same thing. I have to tighten it pretty tight to get it to stay. I'm going to take the swivel part of the mount apart in the near future to see what I can do to make it grip better.

I bought the chrome oxygenics. A bit time consuming as I had to order a drop elbow, and replacement escutcheon (also in chrome) that matched the faucet mounting holes. "Faucets direct" did a nice job.

I have a Dura Faucet (DF-SA300CL-ORB) RV Shower Slide Bar - Oil Rubbed Bronze Finish adjustable slide so I don't know if this oxygenic would work. What I have now is the bronze color so it may not look good with a white or chrome shower head with hose. Anyone know if they come different colors and are the compatible for mounting on my Dura pole?

https://www.amazon.com/Dura-Faucet-DF-SA300CL-ORB-Shower-Slide/dp/B0090WRWWI?ie=UTF8&keywords=rv%20shower%20faucets&qid=1417919686&ref_=sr_1_67&sr=8-67

White Plastic, 1-2 years ago (not quite sure)

Now, to review it.. I have used Oxygenics one other time. This one is different.. In some respects I like it more, in others less,  But it does a good job.. Water flow though is nearly identical to what it repalced.. Just a bit more effective.

The Loudest complaint I have seen is for the mounting bracket for the hand held (Telephone type) Units.. Seems the thing likes to "Sag" (the friction nut does not hold well)

A drill and a stainless steel screw fixes that very fast.

I just bought mine about a month ago. It was this one:
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00F5MUB66/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o02_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

White plastic. Love it. Gave the grandkids showers over the weekend and did not run out of hot water (6 gal. tank) and they loved the way it felt on their skin. This thing somehow oxygenates the water, so you use less, but seem to have more pressure -- but the pressure is gentle and not harsh and spikey like a high pressure shower head (that can hurt if you're sensitive).

Seriously -- this is one of the best improvements we made to our brand new TT. It should be standard-issue! (also very easy to install)

Ha! I came to this thread to find an Oxygenics REPLACEMENT. Absolutely cannot recommend it unless you like replacing a cheap plastic shower head every year, because that's what it is.

I just called the company to find out how I can get a replacement for the cracked plastic diverter-thingie. Of course they don't sell them, and because of the way the showerhead is made, you can't just unscrew that part and then continue to use the showerhead itself.

So I'll be scouring/watching this thread for a recommendation for something that is, preferably, metal, or at least has metal fittings.

Or that admits it's disposable and costs less.  :mad:

P.S. I should mention that I'm fulltime. Maybe makes a difference. Bought the white plastic one less than 18 months ago, but for the price I paid, it should have lasted years, not months.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Katjarner
Back
Top Bottom