Side view mirror extensions

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I tried the strap ones and didn't like them.  They vibrated so much that it was hard to keep them adjusted right, and the rubber started to crack almost immediately.  After two years the straps broke (fortunately before I left).  Last year I picked up a couple of these: http://www.amazon.com/Camco-25664-Tow-N-See-Mirror-Driver/dp/B004809X9W/ref=sr_1_27?s=automotive&ie=UTF8&qid=1364507593&sr=1-27&keywords=towing+mirrors

Not only are they much more stable, but I can also adjust them with my power mirrors now.  They are a little bit awkward to attach, but worth it IMHO.  The one potential sticking point would be if your mirrors are set very deep in the housings.  These only stick out from the mirror a couple of inches so the housing might interfere with them.  There's just enough clearance on my Jeep, but I know some people have had problems with it.

Make sure to get the convex version for the passenger side and follow the instructions when attaching them.  I tried two flat ones, because that was what I could get locally, and could hardly see anything out of the passenger side mirror.  Replaced with a convex one and its perfect.  I did a 1500 mile trip with these attached and they never so much as wiggled, but the one time I tried to put them on without cleaning the mirror first they both fell off in about five miles.  The safety straps worked as they are supposed to so I just had to stop and reattach them properly.

Back
Top Bottom