Sightseer or Sunova 33C??

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

reubenray

Being I have none of these close by to look at I have a few questions?

1)  What type of A/V equipment do these have and where are they at?  This question is for the living room and the bedroom setups.
2)  Where are the speakers at and does it include a sub-woofer?
3)  Being the storage CF is pretty low is this enough?
4)  Do any of the compartments go all the way across?  I have a beach umbrella that is 6' tall.
5)  Can the Wingard Travel'r be installed on these?

Many of those issues vary by model year Ruben. Can you narrow it down some for us?  Off the top of my head I would say yes to some of those questions just from a basic equipment standpoint.

Are you buying a new one? To answer what I can from your post, the Winegard Traveler will work with all models and you should be able to get your umbrella in most of them. Most have at least one compartment that goes all the way across, but may be a foot or less high in some places. We have a 35' and 38' and don't have any problem with enough storage.

This is in regard to a 2012 Sightseer 33c only:

1)  What type of A/V equipment do these have and where are they at?  This question is for the living room and the bedroom setups.

Chassis radio is actually the LR entertainment system with CD/DVD tied to LR TV and bedroom speakers with each pair of speakers switchable.. It is a Jensen AWM970. The exterior radio is a Jensen DV2011WIN with two speakers. All three TV's are Vizio; front E421VO 42", rear M260VA 26"; outside entertainment 30-E321-VL 32".

2)  Where are the speakers at and does it include a sub-woofer?

Two speakers are forward of the MDS shades and two are just to the rear of the passenger and driver seats, meaning all four speakers are in the overhead and forward of the TV. The woofer is mounted into the forward sink panel at floor level; this location is about midship and aft of the TV. Setup allows for turning on all LR and both TV speakers (plus BR) if you want. System sounds best while driving or while in passenger seat while watching TV.

3)  Being the storage CF is pretty low is this enough?

I travel single so for me, yes. Actually, I have the buffet and have eliminated the Ultraleather sofa/sleeper so I have even less. It may not have enough clothing storage inside for a lady and wouldn't buy this floorplan against her will. That said, the floorplan is wonderful.

4)  Do any of the compartments go all the way across?  I have a beach umbrella that is 6' tall.

Mine does not have pass through storage. However, both compartments on the passenger side forward of the steps are fully connected internally. My eight foot step ladder (wide base) would not store in this combo compartment only because there is a center column which supports the doors when they are closed. Without measuring, I would say the compartment depth is at least twenty inched, probably more.
The neat thing about the compartments is they are all clean, without a bunch of stuff mounted in them.

5)  Can the Wingard Travel'r be installed on these?

I just had the Travel'r SK-3005 installed on mine with DirecTV. Love it, especially with this layout.

The Jenson system is disappointing to me.  :(  I was wanting to add a Blu-ray player to use with the 42" TV.  This is a basic RV setup and I was expecting more from Winnabago.

We all make our choice based on different criteria knowing that we will make some modifications to personalize our MH. I have a bluray player in my home surround system, and the only time I used it I had to borrow a movie from my son to check that it actually operated. I'm more interested in the quality and overall functionality of the build rather than an $80 plug-in device here and there. The Jensen isn't Serius ready either but I can fix that for $80 also.

In my opinion, the little things can be easily added or modified where GVWR to HP (60-1), GCWR to HP (70-1), tank capacities (F-80, G-60, B-40) and overall quality can not. But, you have certainly nailed MH manufacturer's basic problem: buyer's will reject a $150,000 MH because it doesn't have a $100 LCD in an exterior compartment.

Hope you find the one you're looking for!

In the brochure it shows the 35G to have an "entertainment center w/46" LCD TV".  What type of audio system is it?

Back
Top Bottom