Silly Question - Wash Job

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Bill N

Mom always said that the only silly question is the one not asked so I am asking indicating I have no knowledge of the subject.  I want to get my motorhome looking better before putting it back in covered storage.  It is in bad need of a good washing but my medical problems do not make that a good choice for me to do and I don't mind paying a decent charge for a good job.  A truck stop about 20 miles away has a truck wash.  Some questions:  1- Who does the washing?  Do they have a crew or does the coach owner do his own?  2:  What is a ball park charge if they do the job?  3:  Is a truck wash too rough for a motorhome or what should I do to prevent damages (such as block off the fridge sidewall vent or hot water heater vent)?  Thanks.

Bill

I had my fifth wheel done and the truck at a Blue Beacon a few years ago and I thing I was charged $45.00. They had about 8 guys going around washing/rinsing and one guy cracking the whip. They did a great job. They did not go on the roof but was able to at least clean a little bit of it.

Ahhhhh... The Streakin? Beacon...( as it?s known in trucking circles )

Blue Beacon and a local truck wash both charged about $45 to do the motorhome and the car in tow.  It was a good job, and there was no damage or negative consequences. 

It was a crew of 4 to 7 guys with long handle brushes, and was done very quickly.

You might try to find a mobile wash person who can come to your house and wash the RV in place.  We were lucky to find one.  It's usually three people and they do a good job.  Sometimes we have them polish the tire rims as well but that's infrequent.

ArdraF

I use local mobile washes and have typically paid about $10 per foot for complete wasg and wax including tires snd roof.

Ernie

Back
Top Bottom