sink back up....

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I found this for AFTER i tear down the pyramid.... thoughts?

3. USE WATER SOFTENER, DETERGENT, and CHLORINE BLEACH

This stuff is amazing and it works. Buy a couple of boxes of powdered water softener at the grocery store. You'll find it located with or near the laundry detergent products. I prefer Calgon Water Softener because it dissolves quickly in water. Cheaper water softeners work just as well but dissolve more slowly. Dissolve two (2) cups of the water softener in a gallon of hot water. Then, pour the solution down the drain into the empty tank. Use two cups of softener for each wastewater tank in your RV. The tank's drain valve should be closed otherwise the softened water will just drain out. Then use the tank(s) normally until it is full and drain it normally. Add a cup of laundry detergent to the black (commode) water tank at the same time you add water softener. This will help clean the tank. The gray water tanks should already contain soap through normal use.  Water softener makes the solid waste let go from the sides of the tanks. If you've ever taken a shower in softened water you know that after rinsing the soap from your body your skin will feel slick. That's because all the soap rinses away with soft water. Softened water also prevents soap scum from sticking in the tub. Get the connection? With softened water gunk washes away instead of sticking. The same thing applies to your RV's wastewater tanks.

tregrad said:
I found this for AFTER i tear down the pyramid.... thoughts?

3. USE WATER SOFTENER, DETERGENT, and CHLORINE BLEACH

This stuff is amazing and it works. Buy a couple of boxes of powdered water softener at the grocery store. You'll find it located with or near the laundry detergent products. I prefer Calgon Water Softener because it dissolves quickly in water. Cheaper water softeners work just as well but dissolve more slowly. Dissolve two (2) cups of the water softener in a gallon of hot water. Then, pour the solution down the drain into the empty tank. Use two cups of softener for each wastewater tank in your RV. The tank's drain valve should be closed otherwise the softened water will just drain out. Then use the tank(s) normally until it is full and drain it normally. Add a cup of laundry detergent to the black (commode) water tank at the same time you add water softener. This will help clean the tank. The gray water tanks should already contain soap through normal use.  Water softener makes the solid waste let go from the sides of the tanks. If you've ever taken a shower in softened water you know that after rinsing the soap from your body your skin will feel slick. That's because all the soap rinses away with soft water. Softened water also prevents soap scum from sticking in the tub. Get the connection? With softened water gunk washes away instead of sticking. The same thing applies to your RV's wastewater tanks.
That is the Geo method and it works but it is totally unnecessary. All you need to do is use a lot of water, which is free.

It's funny, this thread started about a sink backing up and it quickly turned to crap.  :eek: ::) :-[ :-\ :'( :)( ;D

tregrad said:
2012 keystone sprinter 311BHS, sink has backed up, tried to snake it, tried hot water. its been going on for a couple weeks. we can use the sink for a while and then the water shows up in the sink. I put some hot water down the drain to make the pipes hot so i could feel where it stops but its under the belly cover so i couldnt feel the hot pipes. as i was under the trailer i could see a small drip coming out of the hole where the drain pipe exits the belly cover.
all that said, wth is going on? should i snake it in reverse? use drano?
tregrad
Try removing the P-trap from under the sink and clean it out.
Here's how: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4XH0TcijQtY

Back
Top Bottom