Slide covers; worth it?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Personally, I think they’re worth it.
They keep sun from shining on the top of your slide (a big source of heat.
They do NOT keep rain water off the top of the slide, at least not all of it; but that’s not their purpose.
They WILL keep most (not all) pine cones, twigs, leaves, etc, off the slide tops and that reduces how much of that debris you have to worry about when you pull the slide back in.

A topper is a plus. Slightly cooler slide and no climbing to clear debris. As for leaves and debris, most factory toppers are as short as they can get so not a lot of side coverage. The ones I have added are usually about a foot longer than the slide making for almost complete debris elimination. Well worth the cost and effort.

Topper opinions go both ways, as expected. I chose to have one installed to avoid jamming sticks atop the slide from being crunched into the slide gasket when the slide is brought in. I also feel that it will help keep the gaskets in the case of a heavy or driving rain. Lastly, I like that it keeps at least part of the slide gaskets out of direct sunlight, hopefully extending their life

Personally, I think they’re worth it.
They keep sun from shining on the top of your slide (a big source of heat.
They do NOT keep rain water off the top of the slide, at least not all of it; but that’s not their purpose.
They WILL keep most (not all) pine cones, twigs, leaves, etc, off the slide tops and that reduces how much of that debris you have to worry about when you pull the slide back in.
The leftover leaves and needles just get rolled up in the topper.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Savysoaker
Back
Top Bottom