Slide Out Issue

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I have no idea where any of the parts are physically located on your RV.

I did contacted the coachmen directly and was told that those two wires are there for reversing the switch control.I can connect them togather if I want and they will reverse the direction of action.By pushig in button,slide will go out and vice versa.By talking to dealership,coachmen ervice personal consensus was that problem lies with control box so I decided to replace it and place the order.I will report back once it is installed.

I would like to ask if any one of you have changed the slide control box yourself.In my RV it is under the refrigerator and space is tight to work.It has lot of wires with connectors.Seems simple with unhooking the connectors and reconnecting them with new control box but because of limited space it may create problem.Also I have noted that connectors pretty tight to disconnect.Any suggestions.

Bill - I don't know your particular unit either. However, most multi-wire electrical connectors will incorporate a retainer of some sort. If it's square or rectangular and internal it likely has a tab or two that needs to be depressed as you pull it apart. External likely has the same that need to be spread open.

Perhaps you'll be blessed and your connectors will only fit one spot one way. I'd take photos and/or mark them just the same.

I received my new control box from coachmen today.I was able to successfully connect all the connectors and front slide start working normally.Thank you all for the help

We are going tomorrow to get a new 2017 Freelander 31' BH.  I just realized the thing that really toasted my cashews with my present/trade-in rig, a 2010 Class C Freelander, was/is the slide out.  Where the rails of the slide-outs go into the main body of the coach there are big air gaps.  These gaps are large enough for insects to fly in and allow lots of dust to blow into the rig when slide is extended...So....my question is:  Has the Coachman/Freelander corrected/changed the slide-out configuration with the 2017 31' BH?  Sure hope someone is able to give me some insight on this. Driving a 100 miles to find the same problem as with my present rig is not in the least bit appetizing....I've scoured the interweb looking for pics or info to no avail.  Thanks for your help.

bill715 said:
I have Cocahman Freelander 32BH 2011 model.Recently I have an issue with my front slide out.It quit working at times.Back room slide always work fine.It does make noise when I put the switch in to get the slide in but nothing happen when I push out switch.I have also noticed that when Motorhome is connected to shore power for several hours than slide start working fine.....

Also I don't know the slide on your particular unit. In my RV noticed that occasionally my electric slides would not operate and that an error code would be generated.  Like you I was operating from the batteries.  When this happens I check the code it was flashing and each time the manual only said "major error" (such a comforting descriptor)  I soon learned that if I unscrewed the subpanel where the slide switch was located that I could reset the circuit on the side of the PWB and it would allow override electric operation.  It occurred to me that this could be a undervoltage issue so I also went to using slides only after connecting shore power or if no shore power by starting the generator first.  I have yet to have a problem by following this procedure, but I expect it ought to work fine with just batteries.  I also expect that starting the generator and shutting if off after I have operated the slide is putting unnecessary wear and tear on the generator, so sometimes I let it run for a while.

Just a remote possibility on electric slide out issues, mine on a Winnebago went out, would not come in. Started checking connection at the slide motors, first connection  checked came off a little too easy, looked just fine, but when I put it back it became obvious it had never been seated all the way home.

Dumb luck to catch it on the first try and the easiest one to reach, but never another problem. I still wonder if it was a simple mistake or a case of sabotage, not the first I have seen.

Gald you got it working,  Just out of coursity what make slide out is it?

I have a Power Gear for my Main Slide and Accu-Slide for the rear slides... (Accu slides are cable cars power gear is rack and pinion)

My controller is confirmed bad.... New one on order.. In my case the self resetting circuit breaker is about six inches or less from the controller,  the controller is in a "You can't get there from here" location however.. I found it but we are going to have to tear out a shelf to replace it.

Oh well.. Why Rachel gets $75.00/hr  and I'll pay her, cause I don't bend that way.

NOTE 2: Both power gear, Accu-slide, adn A&E (Awnings) use controlers that are much alike, there are no limit switches, when the current in the motor spikes the controller shuts down.. Now sometimes,,, It is a bit too "Senisitive" and shuts down early.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bob007
Back
Top Bottom