Slide out, leveling jacks

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

grump

First, thanks for all the input on my genset, haven?t totally figured it out, but able to use it when needed. I have a larger problem now with slide and jack systems caused by a large brain fart! Freightliner chassis, went to move after retracting slides but forget to pull jacks before shifting tranny, didn?t actually move so nothing bent and jacks almost retracted but remain stuck partially down. I have checked all breakers, they are fine, can?t seem to find any bad fuses, I am not familiar with relays, how to identify as they aren?t marked like breakers and how do you know when they go bad. I haven?t checked the hydraulic fluid yet, could a low level have anything to do with it? Thanks in advance for help!

I did that once. My jacks shot up immediately.  No damage was done. I would put the jacks back down and try retracting again.

Need to know more about your jacks, i.e. the brand and type.  I'm guessing your Crescendo has hydraulic jacks that retract via a spring on the jack leg (ram).  If so, the process is entirely mechanical once the jack starts to rise.  If they did not fully retract, put them down and retract again. Maybe a couple times.  Or possibly you have electric motor driven jacks - a type that is often problematic. Electric jacks operate much differently than hydraulic types.  In any case, let us know what brand name & model is on the jack system control panel and we can go from there.

Are you sure they were fully retracting before? Sometimes people don't notice.

The jacks are hydraulic both ways and yes, they did fully retract before, I usually do a last minute walk around especially after being in one place for a while. I suspect something electrical because big slide doesn?t work now either. I am currently not at same location as MH now so don?t have information on system, just trying to get a few ideas to try when I get back next month.

Laura & Charles said:
Is the slide hydraulic or electric?

He just said they were hydraulic. See reply #3 just before yours.
Modify: I should have said the jacks are hydraulic

If the jacks are hydraulic retract rather than spring-retract, then they have to be pumped up, meaning the hydraulic pump runs and has sufficient fluid to operate.

The slide could run off the same hydraulic pump or could have an independent electric driven system (no hydraulics).  We simply don't have enough info to do more tan guesswork.

Back
Top Bottom