Slide out manual crank tool

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

lincolncent

I have an 07 Georgie Boy with double slides.  It is missing the manual crank to a slide for emergency cranking.  So far I have been unsucessful in locating one.  Anyone know where I can obtain one?  It is the round head with slots.  David

I am trying to visualize the crank..  I will describe two different cranks

one is a round shaft, solid, with a "Slot" in the end, not unlike the head of a screw if you look only at the end

The other is a tubular shaft with a pair of "notches" in the end opposite each other.

If you have the first.  Like I had on my APACHE PUP.. Just go to a place that sells metal bar and rod stock.. Have them cut off a piece of the proper diamater and put a pair of 90 degree bends in it.

Take a grinder and grind a slot in the end (An angle grinder can usually be gotten with the proper size slicer)

Or bring it to me and I'll use my grinder to slot it.

If you have the other kind I can't help you easily but there are used-(Salvage hardware) places in our library here who may have the part

Finaly suggestion would be to contact the slide maker.

I would think any Georgie Boy dealer could order one for you. Or contact Georgie Boy Manufacturing yourself and ask. Or if you can identify the brand of the slideout mechanism (e.g. Power Gear, Lippert, etc.) you might get one through them as well.

http://www.georgieboy.com/contact/

But John is probably right about the crank design and it should not be hard to get one made up either.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dhoehn02
Back
Top Bottom