Slide out topper cost 12 Ft.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

frederick

Any general idea of what one should pay a RV repair facility to replace
a 12 ft. long slide out topper?

Thanks a million :)

My quote was 150 materials, 150 (approx) for labor.  I was in camping world a few weeks ago and saw their published rate for labor for an awning was around 100.  Not sure what they would charge for the material.  My material quote was from Carefree, the maker of the awning on mine.  I haven't done it yet, but will soon.  I'm thinking of just muddling through it myself although I probably will be sorry I did that.

Our slideout is 14' and we paid $162 for the material and $100 for the installation in Yuma in Jan. 2011.  The material is much heavier than the OEM fabric and should last a lot longer.  We bought it from Tough Top Awnings in Yuma.

Thanks guys

Why was my topper ( I just bought the Itaska) frayed on the edges and torn?

The MH was garaged all its life and has only 16 K on it.  Did the Arizona sun do
it in?

Thanks

The sun weakens the threads and the wind frays and tears the fabric.

The sun weakens the threads and the wind frays and tears the fabric.

Ned is right on, and we've been observing this with canvas and other fabrics here in the California sun for many years. If anyone is getting some fabric sewn for use in the sun, Gortex thread has a better chance of standing up to the beating. However, when we had all the canvas replaced on our boat a year or two ago, the canvas shop used a process that 'welds' the fabric to itself. In addition to not having visible seams, I'm told that this will outlast any kind of thread.

Back
Top Bottom