slideout seal replacement

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

arogers

I've noticed that my slideout seal appears to be coming loose when the slide out is in motion.  I've also found some pieces of rusted staples where it appears that it is coming loosse.  Its a 1999 newmar american star.  How difficult are these to replace and where would one find a replacement seal?

thanks

On my 95' Coachmen Santara 360MBS there is a trim piece on the body that goes around the slide, it is secured with screws and that is what holds the rubber seal.
For mine its easy, I am not sure if yours is the same setup.

As far as where to get one, check with your local RV shops and call a few service centers and ask them what kind it is.

The link I am going to give you has a lot of different rubber seals, they are here in Springfield Mo.
Its worth a shot to ask them too.

http://www.thomassonsrv.com/

Good luck

You can get the seal directly from Newmar. 1-800-731-8300 You'll need to supply them with the year, model, and serial number of the rig. The serial number can be found in the paperwork for the unit. They'll provide you with the correct part for that application. I've included a link to their parts lookup page. It's a bit insistant on the correct terminology for each particular part, so I prefer to talk to a real person. Justin is the rep I usually get ahold of. Very helpful.

Newmar Parts Lookup

Back
Top Bottom