Slimrack slide out

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Don G.

Hi, my first post. I?m at a loss, and so is the dealer. I have a 2016 holiday Rambler admiral 26 with a Lippert slimrack slide out. The motors have gotten out of sync more than once. The first time, I followed the Lippert procedure to reprogram the controller. Seemed to be okay, but happened again. Took it to a dealer where they noticed the slide roller under where the fridge sits was gouging into the bottom of the slide out. The mechanic came up with the idea of installing 18 guage plates between the rollers and bottom of the slide. He reprogrammed and all seemed fine for awhile. Last time I tried to put the slide out, it started getting crooked again. Put it in program mode, (unfortunately didn?t look to see if there was an error code) but,now the slide moves only 4 inches at a time, in or out. I can get it all the way in or out (4 inches at a time), set the stops but the programming doesn?t take. I just get the error (alternate red and green flashing). Back to the dealer where they spent quite a bit of time with Lippert tech support (as I have). Lippert kept saying battery power is the issue, which I don?t understand since there is 14 volts at the controller, but they connected new batteries anyway- no help. Lippert then had the dealer replace the controller, to no avail. They were at a loss now, so I paid them for a controller and labor, and brought it home and started testing the wiring harnesses (2 from the controller to the motors and 1 from the controller to the touchpad). Continuity is good, no shorts or grounds. Any ideas would be appreciated, thanks don

My first concern would be, is the wiring bundle heavy enough gauge to carry the load from the source to the work.??>>>Dan

Are you seeing any error codes during the failure? I have a simular problem and get a code 6 error on motor 1. That turned out to be a cable problem between the controller and the motor. LCI support told me a bad motor which is what the error code suggested as well. Swapped motors with an other slide and had the same problem. Determined that I could reproduce the problem only with the slide fully out. Cable gets pinched between the slide and the wall causing a temporary short. Rerouted the cable, bypassed the bad section of cable under the slide and spliced the cable. Problem solved.

Harry, thanks for the reply. The only error code I get now is the slow alternating red and green flash, indicating that the controller needs programming, which I?ve tried several times. Since replacing the controller and testing each wire of the 3 harnesses for shorts, grounds, and continuity, it seems the only thing left is a motor. However, I have no other motors to use. A new one is around $500. The other problem would be trying to get at them.

Don, if you have another slide you could swap with those motors.

You can swap the motors on the problem slide as well and once done, see if your slide scews in the opposite direction. If it does scew in the opposite direction it is a bad motor. If no changes in the scew direction after swapping the motors I would look for a mechanical bind.

Just a single slide. Are you saying to remove each motor and trade positions ? I have swapped the harnesses at the controller and that did cause the slide to move in the opposite direction. I don?t really know how I would get those motors out, as the shower wall is a few inches away on the back side and a couple cabinets on the front. There doesn?t appear to be any access from the outside.

That sounds like a problem if there is no access. Might give the manufacturer a call to find out the best way to access that motor. I have one of those hard to access motors as well and was told to remove the slide facia to access it.

Back
Top Bottom