Slow loading pages

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Mine was ultimately a router and modem combination... The site did not work when I went from the modem thru the router and to the computer... It worked perfect when I went directly to the computer from the modem bypassing the router... When the tack replaced only the router, it still was slow going thru the
E router.... He changed out both the modem and the router and all was good... Again he was scratching his head trying to figure out why it was just the rvforum site that was slow.... He was stumped and had no answer or reason he could think of.... Who knows... Maybe I had a ghost that had a bad experience with a motor home and wanted me to not surf the rvforum... Either that or **** just happens... Dave

Iguananet seems to be a cellular radio service, or at least some sort of radio. The "router" must have the wireless service modem in it. Bypassing ti eliminates the radio part, so no-go.

Gary RV Roamer said:
Iguananet seems to be a cellular radio service, or at least some sort of radio. The "router" must have the wireless service modem in it. Bypassing ti eliminates the radio part, so no-go.

That is correct Gary, or at least as much as my understanding of it.  Below is what my router connect to.  From that little box (it's about the size of any eyeglass case), it goes up to the antenna on my roof, which points to the big tower in our neighborhood.  From the big tower, it is beamed back to wherever the main ops are located.  It really works well, and other than these two websites, I have had no issues with it.  It streams NetFlix and Hulu just fine, and the only problem we ever had was a power outage where the main ops are.

Anyway, I'll get that older router connected a bit later today and see what happens.

Attachments

• IMG_0006 (Large).JPG
    IMG_0006 (Large).JPG
    84.5 KB · Views: 12
  • IMG_0007 (Large).JPG
    IMG_0007 (Large).JPG
    96.4 KB · Views: 12
That box is a Power over Ethernet injector.  You can connect your computer directly to it to eliminate the router.  The modem is actually part of the antenna assembly on the roof.  Plug the cable that normally goes to the router into the computer Ethernet jack and test.

Just curious about the result of either bypassing the router (per Ned's suggestion) &/or trying the 'older' router  ???

Huh...I thought I replied to this with my results, but I must not have hit the "Post" afterwards.  Oh well.  So, I could not get my older router to recognize anything.  It may be toast (which is why it would be in my closet).  I haven't tried going directly to the "injector".  My computer is kinda hard to move to try and plug the cable directly in to it.  I may get the gumption one day.  For now, it's not that big a deal.  Maybe if my wife nags me more about her site, I'll breakdown and try again.  Or, now that I am working again (well, starting on Monday...I got laid off after eight loyal years at my job, one week before Christmas!), I can actually afford to buy a new router to play with.  We'll see.  I am still curious, just not curious enough to put much energy into it.

I'll consider this subject closed. The fact that the small (1Kb) image download took a long time pretty much confirmed that the problem was somewhere in the network.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom