Small down side to full timing

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

jim and di

I needed some work to be done to the RV had a small leak  in the sun room windows, I hit a tree with the awning, tree won, and time for new tires. Well the work was to take three days, so we went to what will be our new home in Hilton Head this winter. I drove the RV to a service center on Cape Cod about 70 miles from our home base in Salisbury, MA. Dropped of the rig returned home hooked up a boat I will use down south and we headed off for a week of fun and work with the RV work in progress.
I decided to spend a extra week south the shrimp were large and the catching fun, and fresh shrimp great.
Well we left Hilton Head Sunday morning early, listened to a Pats game on satellite radio, got up early Monday like 4:30 and drove to get to the dealer around 2-3 so I could go over the work, and head north and set up by sundown. Rolled into the service center at 2:30 looked funny no cars, Yikes closed on Monday after labor day.
Off to a Motel we go, I had planned to be at a meeting Tuesday morning in Boston, o'well I will call in. Tuesday found my cell dead, charger in RV and HH. Well we will just get the rig and go home.
Inspection of RV was great all work done and things are looking good.
Got to our home RV park and cannot find the key for our toad, which is parked on the RV pad. Called a Chevy dealer and asked if they could make a key for a Buick, they could as long as I supplied proof of ownership, jumped in the RV drove to a dealer and they ask where the car is, well where would you expect it to be if I don't have a key. Well you need to tow it here so I call AAA who tell me go to the car we will send a truck and make you a key, which they did and AAA paid the first $100 bucks, the dealer and AAA said the key programed was $175 so I payed the guy $75 and started the car and we finally got settled in, O ya I had a second key made that I will keep in Diane's bag.
Live and learn.
Jim

Or if you would have had Coachnet they would have sent a locksmith for free. It's only $99 per year.

seilerbird said:
Or if you would have had Coachnet they would have sent a locksmith for free. It's only $99 per year.

We have both, Marlene wants AAA for the guide books and membership costs less than the Mobil Guides. I like Jim's use of AAA to get a new key. The last GM key I replaced was about $175, just for the key, so having the AAA locksmith come out and replace the key for only $75 sounds like a bargain to me.

Jim and Di,

I got a chuckle over your  downside to Fulltiming story.  When we retired in July 03 we put all the "important stuff" we could not part with into storage in a building we owned in Northern Idaho.  We then rented a spot to live in motorhome  in the desert in Southern Arizona.  In October we " discovered"  we did not have any of our prior years income tax records with us.  The disks, back up,  all of it was in storage  1700 miles away.  No one else had a key to our bulilding and I was not quite sure to even tell someone which box to sort through. So we had to take a road trip .  Those were long driving days and we hated the  motels, but I insisted  we had to sleep.  I think Terry would have just driven straight through.  We now have back up of things all over and we have extra keys too. I carry a set to everything and so does Terry.  Redundancy is good especially as our collective  memory fails.

Thanks for the chuckle.

Betty - Form 4868, automatic extension for filing your income taxes. And once that 3-month period is over, you can apply for an additional extension with a good (or even half-assed) reason. You just have to pay any taxes that might be owed with the extension, and you can guess at that amount (but guess high !).

Wendy

Oh, Betty. Poor Betty. Laughing at all of Jim's trouble instead of offering sympathy and concern. You've probably made him feel so  badly that he'll never post again or come to any of the Forum rallies. Jim, I'm with you and I feel your pain. Don't pay any attention to the ladies' posts. They're more concerned with taxes and humor, at your expense, than your feelings. We men are far more sensitive, and are hurt far more easily, than the women realize. I'm here for you, man! I just hope that you're able, some day, to get over them laughing at you. Keep you chin up and a stiff upper lip. Turn the other cheek and be brave. YOU CAN DO IT!!

AZ Randy

Actually, I'm jealous of Jim's week of fresh shrimp....my frozen, foreign, shrimp tonight won't taste nearly as good as they would if we'd grabbed them right off the boat.

Wendy

AZ Randy said:
Oh, Betty. Poor Betty. Laughing at all of Jim's trouble instead of offering sympathy and concern. You've probably made him feel so  badly that he'll never post again or come to any of the Forum rallies. Jim, I'm with you and I feel your pain. Don't pay any attention to the ladies' posts. They're more concerned with taxes and humor, at your expense, than your feelings. We men are far more sensitive, and are hurt far more easily, than the women realize. I'm here for you, man! I just hope that you're able, some day, to get over them laughing at you. Keep you chin up and a stiff upper lip. Turn the other cheek and be brave. YOU CAN DO IT!!

And Randy , Now I am chuckling at you......all this sensitivity from the guy who will try to  make up his own rules  to my games!

Jim and Di,  Please try to join us for a rally and meet this Randy Character in  person and you will see his true  nature.  By the way he is also a full timer and I'll bet he has his own down side stories!
Still chuckling......

Randy and Betty,
You two crack me up, takes a lot more to hurt my feelings. Funny we have the Platinum Good Sam and AAA just didn't think of them for a key for the car. At any rate AAA came through quickly and its over.
We had planned to make the rally this year and bring Diane's mothers ashes to Kingman, however, Di wants to go to New Zealand and the land Down under Jan and Feb so that is where we will be.
Betty the fresh shrimp are unbelievable.
Jim

Here we go again, Ms. Brewer. Now you're laughing at me and calling me names. Although being called a "character" really doesn't hurt "much", since I've certainly been called worse things. I was usually the teacher's pet in school, but I guess that you're one teacher who's got my number, so to speak. I can only imagine that now you'll try to sugar coat the name calling by saying that it was meant fondly. But just you wait------when you least expect it.........BAMM! Just like Emeril would say (I ate at Paula Deen's restaurant last night in Savannah, so I thought that a little chef reference would be appropriate).

And Jim, should you want to go down under in January, just come to a couple of happy hours at the Quartzsite rally and there's  a good chance, assuming that you enjoy an adult beverage or two, that's exactly where you'll end up.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
damusicduo
Back
Top Bottom