small home living for me

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

tall1

Hello, just a tall guy 59yr old trying to live the small simple life, retired, and having so much fun. I have a small 70 x 100 foot wooded lake lot at barren river lake kentucky where i am parked permanent, (tiny home style), i'm about a 1000 feet from the lake, lots of fishing and wooded trails, got a cool small coleman camo mini bike with big fat knob tires, and a big old school round headlight, looks like a small fat bob motorcycle I modified it to run 40 m.p.h. for putting around the trails..I joined to learn more about camper life from the more experienced they're such friendly people with great rv - camper hacks and diy's...

Attachments

• 20230923_134803.jpg
    20230923_134803.jpg
    213.7 KB · Views: 19
  • 20230923_135128.jpg
    20230923_135128.jpg
    195.8 KB · Views: 18
  • 20230930_183745.jpg
    20230930_183745.jpg
    260.4 KB · Views: 19
  • 20230930_183433.jpg
    20230930_183433.jpg
    295.5 KB · Views: 19
Hi and welcome.

Looks great!

Let us know if you have any questions.

Last edited:
Without being critical, I have always wondered when people plant themselves in one spot. Consider storing stuff you might not be able to haul, and take a ROAD TRIP, there is so much to see and do in America, then return and rest awhile, and head out in a different direction. Having a "home base" is great, but see some of America while you can. There is a great big world out there.

Glad to see you want to learn...........

PS, you are in a beautiful area there.

Charles

Without being critical, I have always wondered when people plant themselves in one spot. Consider storing stuff you might not be able to haul, and take a ROAD TRIP, there is so much to see and do in America, then return and rest awhile, and head out in a different direction. Having a "home base" is great, but see some of America while you can. There is a great big world out there.

Charles
Before I retired we lived in 13 states, traveled to or through the rest of them, lived for 10 years in foreign countries and traveled through Europe, South America, and the Caribbean. But we still bought an RV and fulltimed for 5 years. As far as a home base goes, we had a neighbor in a park in Texas that had two 5th wheels; one in Texas and one up north somewhere. He traveled between the two of them.

Welcome to the best forum for RV’s. Allot of seasoned RV’ers here to answer any questions you may have. Your pics show a great place to retire And enjoy life.

Welcome aboard! Your spot is beautiful.

I retired at 60 and have been building a home base. Probably gonna hit the road for a few months starting next year.

Live in my RV for over a year while developing the property.

How are winters, living in the camper? Any thoughts of travel?

Port Oliver?

Shelia
sorry it took so long to reply,,i'm right next to walnut creek marina, i'm in a wooded subdivision called parkview shores, there is so much in this area to see and learn, where is port oliver? lol i've got so much to explore , i have'nt even been to the dam or state park area yet,,,thomas

Charles
hey charles, sorry it took me so long to reply,,i agree with you there is so much to see, for me i'm about 30 miles from my sons, its good to be back around them, i had been in florida and other states for the past 30 yrs, i guess it was just time for me to settle, i spent a life of corporate relocation, so being grounded a while will be so nice,,,thomas

Welcome aboard! Your spot is beautiful.

I retired at 60 and have been building a home base. Probably gonna hit the road for a few months starting next year.

Live in my RV for over a year while developing the property.

How are winters, living in the camper? Any thoughts of travel?
sorry it took so long to reply,,i've been in florida for the past 30 yrs,,so this winter will be an eye opener and first winter in camper so i'm not sure what to expect and after running and gunning and moving all over the place, i'm looking forward to settling, i think if i travel in the future i will just load my expedition and tent camp it, that i have good exp at from yrs of kayaking and tenting on mangrove islands,,thanks for the welcome, have a good night, thomas

i guess it was just time for me to settle, i spent a life of corporate relocation, so being grounded a while will be so nice,,,thomas
Same here. Like anything else too much travel eventually gets old. If I've seen it twice I have no inclination to see it again. But I still camp a lot locally because the house gets old too.

i've been in florida for the past 30 yrs,,so this winter will be an eye opener and first winter in camper so i'm not sure what to expect and after running and gunning and moving all over the place, i'm looking forward to settling,
Several of us were corporate road warriors. I did 30+ years of international travel and residency.

I avoid planes at all costs these days. I've driven coast to coast a dozen times. Seen a lot of Budget Inns and freeway markers. When I get my act together and hit the road again it's gonna be State and US highways exclusively.

I've only been in Florida for 3 years but I'm loving it.

sorry it took so long to reply,,i'm right next to walnut creek marina, i'm in a wooded subdivision called parkview shores, there is so much in this area to see and learn, where is port oliver? lol i've got so much to explore , i have'nt even been to the dam or state park area yet,,,thomas
Port Oliver is right at the dam. It is in Allen County, close to the Barren County line. Have heard about Parkview Shores but haven't been over there. We're on the Barren County side and go to Bailey's Point campground.

Don't put off getting camper ready for winter. Very unpredictable around here, sometimes November has coldest temps and sometimes March. I'd enjoy weather like the unusual pleasant weather we've had the last few weeks.

Shelia

Port Oliver is right at the dam. It is in Allen County, close to the Barren County line. Have heard about Parkview Shores but haven't been over there. We're on the Barren County side and go to Bailey's Point campground.

Don't put off getting camper ready for winter. Very unpredictable around here, sometimes November has coldest temps and sometimes March. I'd enjoy weather like the unusual pleasant weather we've had the last few weeks.

Shelia
yes this will be my first winter in camper,,lol im going to home depot next cpl weeks and buying a truckload stack of that blue thick foam board and rolls of black duct tape,,im going to roll the blue foam boards black and cut it to fit everywhere, insulating everything i can with it. i've heard of baileys point that its nice. been so busy i have yet to drive past my turn off to go see the dam area, i cant wait to go explore it, and being from florida where it is 99 and humid everyday,,this past weather has been a blessing

Several of us were corporate road warriors. I did 30+ years of international travel and residency.

I avoid planes at all costs these days. I've driven coast to coast a dozen times. Seen a lot of Budget Inns and freeway markers. When I get my act together and hit the road again it's gonna be State and US highways exclusively.

I've only been in Florida for 3 years but I'm loving it.
if you ever get a chance check out fort desoto in south saint petersburg fl, the area is also known as tierre verde, beautuful place, campgrounds, your surrounded by intercoastal waterways, rent kayaks and explore the mangrove islands , you can see the skyway bridge from ft desoto, an old gunnery is there with old huge artillery guns that protected the channel,kayak over to edgemont key, we've even taken food and tents strapped to kayaks and camped on some of the small mangrove islands they are very secluded by mangrove trees, and some have a picnic table on them and fire pit, and they are small islands only room for a cpl or small group, u have the island to yourselves, so much to see and do in florida..

Back
Top Bottom