Smokey WH?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

blw2

I haven't had a chance to read up on it yet, but I figured I'd turn to my friends here for additional advice anyway...

We took the MH out for a one night trip this weekend.  My first to a KOA, but it was a super late arrival so didn't much matter where we were, just as long as they had electric for the AC!

Anyway, I flipped on the WH both electric and LP for a quick shower.  The next morning, I noticed this.

I figured I need to clean the jet and look for spider webs and such.  Any other thoughts?

Attwood GC6aa-10e

Attachments

• WH outer.jpg
    WH outer.jpg
    48.6 KB · Views: 92
  • WH inner.jpg
    WH inner.jpg
    102.7 KB · Views: 83
Mine was doing the same thing.  I adjusted the propane/air mixture with the set screw and metal slide.  I did the same as you, got great advice on the forum and followed up on YouTube.

OBX said:
Mine was doing the same thing.  I adjusted the propane/air mixture with the set screw and metal slide.  I did the same as you, got great advice on the forum and followed up on YouTube.

If it always ran good, I don't believe it's the air mixture adjustment. Most likely you have tenants in there. Mark the position of the vent before you take it apart.

Agree with the extra tenants that came along for the ride.
Watch out for extra stingy bugs when you open the panel.
I had a few of squatters that didn't want to give up their spot  - hornet spray took care of those.
Soot was from a very industrious spider in the tube on mine.
;D

Those bug & dirt-dobber screens are on the expensive side, but the repairs are also very expensive. About a year ago I suggested a new owner purchase them for his RV and he declined. Ok by me but he was back recently for problems with the water heater. The flame tube was 85% clogged with dirt dobber nests. Looking further the fridge and furnace was also suffering.

$70.00 in preventive items would have saved the several hundreds of dollars in repair. Kinda like a surge protector $100.00 vs many hundreds of $$$$$$

Pay a little now OR better be sitting down later!

Cheers 

Yeah, I guess I'd better plan on giving things a thorough inspection and cleaning.
Fridge too, as a preventative measure

I actually have bug screens on everything that is easy.
I don't have screens on the stove vent hood outlet or on the top of the fridge chimney.  I do have screens on the WH, fridge, and furnace though, and everything is fairly tight..... so I'm thinking wasps are fairly unlikely in the WH.  Not impossible I suppose though as maybe something slipped....

Burner not getting enough air.  I would place my bet on bugs in the burner tube.  .  easiey enouf to take apart and clean out.  I'm in the mid Atlantic area.  Stink bugs and the main coulprest here

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HillcountryHusker
Back
Top Bottom