Snakes?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Scales

I see plenty of people posting about their dogs, cats, birds, pigs, and even ferrets, but I've noticed in all 10 pages there's no mention of pet snakes (or any reptile for that matter).

I'm assuming it's a problem with crossing state lines?

I see plenty of people posting about their dogs, cats, birds, pigs, and even ferrets, but I've noticed in all 10 pages there's no mention of pet snakes (or any reptile for that matter).

I'm assuming it's a problem with crossing state lines?
What type of snake or snakes do you travel with?

-Don- Reno, NV

Emotional support alligator, anyone?
sfl-emotional-gator-wre0089162783-20190117

There is no house ever built in the history of the world, big enough for me to live in with a snake of any kind. Every snake out there is a deadly Black Mamba to me. Can you guess that I don't like snakes? LOL

My son takes his pet tortoise when travelling in "George". It's bit cumbersome, as the terrarium is a little bulky, but otherwise it's a great pet to travel with. 20220721_112438.jpg

I suspect this is because snakes are much less likely to need walking outside the RV, and are much quieter than birds, etc.

I suspect this is because snakes are much less likely to need walking outside the RV, and are much quieter than birds, etc.
And you don't have to rush back to feed a snake as you do a dog.

BTW, you have some colorful snakes there in Louisiana (Louisiana Milk Snake):

LouisianaMilkSnake.jpg

-Don- Reno, NV

We had a prairie dog for a couple years. The thing got out of the house, we were right there. A hawk came swooping down and snatched him right up and ... up, up, and away he went! Never saw him again. (I never did like that rodent anyway).

Then we had an iguana. That was a fun pet, but a lot of work. We taught it to walk on a leash. I'd attach it to a fishing pole line and let him run. It worked very well. All was well, until one day the cat decided to play with it. The cat had claws and one of the claws pierced the iguana's skin and the thing deflated like balloon that leaked all it's air out. It was the strangest thing I'd ever seen. I did like it. It was a fun pet.

Then we also had a pet chicken. Now she was a super-duper camping companion. She had personality! Rode with us on our bicycles, went swimming with us, went for hikes, rode on my shoulder, ate everything from worms to ice cream. Her favorite was mashed potaoes. My daughter originally got her for 4-H. The bird made it all the way to the State Fair and won 4th place in her division. She was a real sweetheart. I think I cried 2 weeks straight after she died. I still miss her.

But, NO snakes. Um ... no-thank-you either!

I was thinking more of the ones with red on yellow
I know you were thinking of the coral snakes. The one in the photo breaks the rule that works for the USA:

Red to Black=Venom lack.

Red to Yellow will kill a fellow.

Or the stop light:

Yellow=caution
When red comes next, Stop!

But that only works in the USA. The snake in the photo was the venomous Amazon Corral Snake, yet red touches black, not yellow (or white, in some cases).

However, this dangerously venomous snake, just as the AZ Coral snake has not yet knowingly killed anybody by its bite. But you still do not want to get bit by either.

-Don- Reno, NV

There is no house ever built in the history of the world, big enough for me to live in with a snake of any kind. Every snake out there is a deadly Black Mamba to me. Can you guess that I don't like snakes? LOL
Hahahaha that's how I feel about pet tarantulas. Big fat nope!

And there there is SPOT. who belongs to Jan of the Magic Fingers (She teaches massage) He's a friendly little snake. Just loves to cuddle (He's a Boa Constrictor).. I've offered to take him when Jan is in a buffet line so that others don't get upset about the "Slimy Animal" (he's not a bit slimy.. Just loves to cuddle that's all)

My pets are in the edge of my yard

Attachments

• King Snake.jpg
    King Snake.jpg
    36.8 KB · Views: 13
Back
Top Bottom