Snow Anyone?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Meanwhile....

2e2f3ea2013517f7b24931a0ae401ffa.jpg

Photos from my wife’s cousin’s home just north of Cheyenne....and from our home about 300 miles north. Photos were taken on the same day! Amazing at the difference a few hundred miles can make! memtb

XlzIpubl.jpg

JNaEfSLl.jpg

W7S1ydBl.jpg

BAiQEK8l.jpg

Rain here today and the grass is visible in about 10% of the yard. Hopefully we're on the downside of winter but I'm not taking the snow blower off the tractor yet. I've lived in Central NY too long to call this an early spring!

Attachments

• Snow Cab 2.jpg
    Snow Cab 2.jpg
    161.7 KB · Views: 3
John,

Perhaps you could help me figure out how to get the "snow blower" pictured below into that Foyer, let alone out the door. I DO keep it just inside the garage door, however. Pic taken in Oct 1997, before landscaping and many other changes:

Attachments

• Oct 97 Blizz 5.jpg
    Oct 97 Blizz 5.jpg
    203.2 KB · Views: 10
John,

Perhaps you could help me figure out how to get the "snow blower" pictured below into that Foyer, let alone out the door. I DO keep it just inside the garage door, however. Pic taken in Oct 1997, before landscaping and many other changes:
Larry,

I just don't see the appeal of snow for some reason, that is until the thermometer hits 110F, and them I am all for it. :)

You look like you are definitely on top of the task of snow removal with the mechanical plow. Machinery removal looks like the key to success. Still looks like there is plenty of shovel opportunities for the fine tuning unless you want to remodel your outer brick work walls with a John Deere. :)

I wouldn't know what the heck to do if I opened my door and was staring at those piles of snow at my front door.

All those front door piles of bitter cold snow pictured would be a full time shoveling job leading straight to a heart attack for some of us.

I learned my lesson when we lived in Germany, take care of the snow before it is packed like icebergs, but I have never seen snow like that, and don't want to either!

I won't bother to show pics our 10" snow event a month ago. That was just pretend snow.

It is beautiful in Texas right now. Keeping a eye on the sky though! Tornado season is here.

John

I wouldn't know what the heck to do if I opened my door and was staring at those piles of snow at my front door.

Which is why my tractor is ready to go out the garage door when needed.

It is beautiful in Texas right now. Keeping a eye on the sky though! Tornado season is here.

It's beautiful here too. And the tornados are one reason I don't want to live in Texas. As a kid in Kilgore and Abilene, nice though it was in many ways, the tornado warnings were always a scary time, and those are rather scarce where I live, though further east in Colorado they're a lot more frequent. And I saw what happened to many familiar areas in Topeka in 1966 (a year after I left Forbes AFB) -- not pretty at all.

These pics are from Dec 2006 -- first pic is pretty, and the second shows what I was plowing, while the third shows how much I had to go -- and that wasn't nearly as deep as the one this year.

Attachments

• Blizzard06_12-23-06_039.JPG
    Blizzard06_12-23-06_039.JPG
    146.9 KB · Views: 2
  • Blizzard06_12-21-06_024_sm.JPG
    Blizzard06_12-21-06_024_sm.JPG
    183 KB · Views: 2
  • Blizzard06_12-21-06_028.JPG
    Blizzard06_12-21-06_028.JPG
    113.4 KB · Views: 2
Last edited:
Back