Snow Rollers

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
They almost look like someone rolled those rolls of hay I've seen.  But not really.  Neat pictures, though!

ArdraF

Thanks for posting tha photos of the rolled snow as it brought back memories.  We seen these once in Wyoming but not as many.  I remember asking what caused the snow to roll up like that and do not recall getting what I thought was a lodgical answer.  There were no big rolled hay bales back then.  Then I seen a photo once in a magazine.  The photos you posted are neat photos.

Lou --

Thank you!  Need something new everyday, and today this was it!

Sent the link to everyone on my email list and have received many amazed responses already.  Evidently this is the best kept secret since the Manhattan Project.

Don

Neat photography and what a great trick of nature.  Have never seen them, but then, we've never been out west in snow season.  Not enough room for that to happen in the northeast.... ;D

Daisy

If you look at the sides (ends) of those rolls you can almost imagine how the thing got started rolling as a ball and then got wider and cylindrical shaped as it picked up more snow.

The heavy wet snows we get back here in the east would never allow that to happen.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tim Dunn
Back
Top Bottom