Snowbirds migrate south

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Ron said:
Next Monday,, Alot can change in a week with the weather.

That's right. Weather folks are forecasting snow(maybe) for Friday or Saturday. We are waiting for the Dell tech to replace the hard drive in my laptop. Called me today and said that Dell had sent the parts to Grand Junction, CO!!!!  The tech is out of Pueblo!! Duhhh.

Regards,
Jack and Liz

Jim
I'll look you up. I know we'll be there in Feb & Mar, but maybe earlier. My wife won't leave till after the holidays, grand kids you know.

Jim Dick said:
Frank,
We're on our way!!! Should be there the first week of November. Where are you located?
Jim

We live in Viera, about 22 miles south of TGO.

rbell said:
Jim
I'll look you up. I know we'll be there in Feb & Mar, but maybe earlier. My wife won't leave till after the holidays, grand kids you know.

Dick,

Will look forward to it!

KodiakRV said:
We live in Viera, about 22 miles south of TGO.

Frank,

I've been through Viera once on a motorcycle ride. A friend we got to know at Barnie's coffee at the Merritt Island Mall has opened another at the Viera Mall. Haven't been to it yet. You also have a great wetlands area where I've gotten some bird photos. There was a Caracara nest when I was there along with an eagle.

You should take a ride to TGO sometime for a visit. We'll be there all winter.

Jim Dick said:
Frank,

I've been through Viera once on a motorcycle ride. A friend we got to know at Barnie's coffee at the Merritt Island Mall has opened another at the Viera Mall. Haven't been to it yet. You also have a great wetlands area where I've gotten some bird photos. There was a Caracara nest when I was there along with an eagle.

You should take a ride to TGO sometime for a visit. We'll be there all winter.
The Barnie's that was in The Avenues in Viera closed a month or two ago...  :'(

I didn't know we even had Caracaras in Florida until I saw a picture of one on a brochure last month.  I'd really like to see one.

We'd love to meet you all.  We'll be here most all the time, except for a trip to Texas and the panhandle around Christmas and New Years.

Frank,

We're sorry to hear that Barnie's has closed. The one at Merritt Square was taken back by Barnies because it wasn't doing the business they wanted. I guess Joyce decided to get out. I think she got in over her head with the two stores. She is really nice.

The Caracara nest was right near the maintenance building across a field on the left side of the road leading to the holding ponds. It was on top of a huge tree. I couldn't get a good photo as I didn't have a long lens at the time. I want to try to get back there this year. Hope it's still there.

Let's get together when we get back. We expect to be back by 6 November because we have dental appointments on the 7th.

Jim Dick said:
Frank,

...Let's get together when we get back. We expect to be back by 6 November because we have dental appointments on the 7th.

Please bring a bit of the cooler weather with you!  Yesterday set a record temp for the date of 92 degrees.  Beat the old record set just last year by 3 degrees.

KodiakRV said:
Please bring a bit of the cooler weather with you!  Yesterday set a record temp for the date of 92 degrees.  Beat the old record set just last year by 3 degrees.

It was in the 70's/low 80's in the Roanoke Valley and a little cooler in the Blue Ridge mountains. Will try to drag some of it with us. ;D Trees are just starting to look great! Wish we could stay a few more days.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
anewvisionllc
Back
Top Bottom