So much for Lazy Days…

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

winona

LazyDays? Too lazy to care? Just learned yesterday Lazy Days “Chicago” office which is in Burns Harbor, Indiana moved everything to Elkhart in October. No warning, nothing zip zero nada from customer service, no heads up to us who use them. So much for corporate concerns. Bought CampLand a couple years ago and shuffled it off out of the area. Gee thanks.

Well I will be the first one to say that as any business operating in the Chicago area now is not the best, even if its just across the border of Ill. if you want to stay profitable and reduce your losses. I bet there are others in your shoes feeling and dealing with the same problem, good or bad.

You'd think a company would use "the move" as a marketing opportunity to reach everyone on their captive mail/email/phone lists - perhaps with promotional "visit the new store 5% discount." Then again, if the company is not set up to do that type of direct marketing it could just be another unneeded expense.

Sad we have to run away from the cities to stay in business.

According to a publication by RV Business, there was an announcement. Lazydays consolidated the Chicagoland store into the existing location in Elkhart.

Lazydays to consolidate Chicagoland operations with its location in Elkhart, Ind.
Article link

In an announcement to its customers, Lazydays indicated it would be closing its Chicagoland store and moving the inventory to its location in Elkhart Ind. The Chicagoland store is actually located in Burns Harbor, Ind., an eastern suburb of Chicago, and is just 70 miles west of the Elkhart’s store.

The following is Lazydays announcement to its customers:

To help serve our Northern-Midwest customers, we’ve decided to close our Chicagoland store and move that inventory to our Elkhart location. Service will be available in Chicagoland until October 13th.

The good news is that our extensive inventory from the Chicagoland location will be transferred to the Lazydays RV of Elkhart. This ensures that you can still access a wide range of top-quality RVs and exceptional service.

We deeply appreciate the trust and support you have shown us over the years. We are excited to continue serving you at our Elkhart location and promise to deliver the same level of excellence you’ve come to expect from Lazydays RV.

Thank you for being a part of our journey, and we look forward to seeing you at Lazydays RV of Elkhart!

No warning, nothing zip zero nada from customer service, no heads up to us who use them.
According to RV Business, it was announced about the first of October. I'm sure that it was a business decision.
Bought CampLand a couple years ago and shuffled it off out of the area. Gee thanks.
They were probably able to buy it because it was not making money and Lazy Days management thought that they could change that. It seems that they have discovered that wasn't the case. I doubt that it was closed just to be mean.

I very much agree with all that is said. I was just surprised no emails, no direct mail, of come visit us! Here’s our new location and a coupon. And understandably Elkhart is the heart of RV here in Indiana. Bottom line —corporate, no matter the business, is after the buck.,

I very much agree with all that is said. I was just surprised no emails, no direct mail, of come visit us! Here’s our new location and a coupon. And understandably Elkhart is the heart of RV here in Indiana. Bottom line —corporate, no matter the business, is after the buck.,
Spend a minute in retail and any notion one may have entertained that corporations, from the CEO down to the entry level clerk are anything but nasty and brutish and a war of all against all will vanish by the end of the day. It's just the nature of the beast. Otherwise however, in as far as their bottom line is only the buck, that's why people sell their homes to the best offer and not the person with the best personality.
Recently watched the documentary " The Chimps of Ngogo" about the politics of chimpanzee culture and the territorial rivalry between different autonomous groups...........Nothings changed.

Bottom line —corporate, no matter the business, is after the buck.,
Lazydays Holdings, Inc. is a publicly listed company on the Nasdaq stock exchange under the ticker “LAZY.” As such I suspect that making a profit is the sole reason that people buy their stock. That is the expectation of most investors. "From the CEO down to the entry level clerk" their jobs and careers depend on making a profit.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Knuckles2828
Back
Top Bottom