Socializing in RV parks - is it just my experience so far?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I love to get out and socialize at a campground, or rv resort, or tralier park, or whatever. Yes, I do drive a big fairly new 4 slide DP, so what? No snobery here. I keep reducing the number of miles I want to drive in a day, hovering around 400 now, and sometimes even that seems a bit much. I like to get to our "place for the night" a couple hours before dinner time. Setup routine kinda goes like this:
Kill the diesel, dump the air, jack her up.
Mix up a margarita
Open the slides.

4 minutes have passed, time to go outside. I like outside. You all know the drill outside. Hook up, open the awning maybe, get out the lawn chairs and BBQ, walk the dog, mix another margarita. I take my time, enjoy it.

and visit. Meet people. Talk to anyone who will talk to me, about anything that seems interesting to us both.

Gary RV Roamer said:
I like your style, Jim. Now get the miles down to around 250 and life will be even better!

You hit the nail on the head Gary!

@Jim, that's a good routine! Keep it up and all of your RV adventures will be enjoyable.  I too am one of the folks that like to get my space set up and then relax into it.  Unless it's an over nighter, which we rarely do. Then it's plug it in and relax. After I do the windows. 

Jim, Good routine except you maybe outta walk the dog before the second margarita? Or even before the first?

Wendy

Not all people are nice they like to be mean. The size of the rig to me has nothing to do with ho I talk to. It is the RV life style that is what keeps us going. Did you ever meet the person next to you in a motel? We have over 34 years of rving and we have met some special people. My best friend  is from Va. I am from Pa. His wife and my wife are very good friends. We met at a campground and for years we have travel all over. It is not important what you own it is important what you leave behind. My wife and I have made friends all over from rving and this is what we like most of all. 

My wife and I are new to RVing and the most pleasant surprise we have experienced are all the great people we have met in the last year.  We drive a MH and I will seek out fellow MH owners, especially those that drive the same brand, not to be "snobby", but to see what kind of problems they have had with their coach.  Building my database for future problems I will experience. 

I sometimes "get a feeling" that some RVers in smaller, older rigs resent my new MH, I would be mortified if this were true.  I gratefully except help from anyone willing to give it.  I still have problems backing this rig and my wife hates being my parking director.  So if you see a big rig about to back into a tree, come over and help me, I could care less if you are in a tent or driving a Prevost.

Back
Top Bottom