Sofa Bed

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

BizzeeBs

We seem to be missing some thing from the sofa bed in the 2007 Montana Mountaineer which we recently purchased.  Any ideas on what to do to make it usable for the grandchildren

Attachments

• edited.jpg
    edited.jpg
    16.6 KB · Views: 82
Hard to see, but it looks like there's a section of bed that either hasn't been opened out or is missing. Maybe the prior owners didn't need to use the bed and installed a seat cushion for more comfortable seating  ???

We thought that at first but they are attached to the back.  The back pulls forward, the (empty) frame flips forward from there and the legs fold down.  A drawer is located underneath.

Attachments

• 20160409_070359.jpg
    20160409_070359.jpg
    43.9 KB · Views: 46
  • 20160409_070359.jpg
    20160409_070359.jpg
    43.9 KB · Views: 44
Usually the ones with a drawer on the bottom would be for an air mattress. I didn't think they started using those until closer to 2009-2010, but Montana was a leader in innovation at the time.

My vote is the previous owner probably pitched or kept the air mattress.

My thought is to get a piece of high density foam the right size and make a big "pillow case" for it.  Check local hobby stores or mattress manufacturers.

I thought about the foam just thought maybe that would be an issue for stowing away.  Air mattress could be deflated and put back into drawer, I believe from the measurement I took it is a full size.

Our Bighorn has the same bed, pain the butt in every way possible.  Holes galore, fixing every weekend.  We dumped it and bought foam.  Air beds are useless....IMO.

Back
Top Bottom