Solar ring connectors to a 2 battery bank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
marcortez said:
Yes you are correct....included in a new TT purchase.

I wanted to gain Ah's with the 2 6 volts over a pair of 12v's.
I am also having a difficult time locating the Ah rating of even an Exide Edge AGM battery.
DieHard is no help, as is Johnson controls.
I cannot decipher reserve cranking amps vs a straight up Ah rating.
Most 12V deep cycles I have seen are in the 80-90 hour Ah rating when I can find those specs.

One dealer has told me that they would give a "take off" credit of the dealer installed 12V deep cycle (brand/Ah's unknown) batteries normally included.
The quoted price for a Trojan T-105 would come to $65 each. Or $130 for two with this "take off" credit.

Would you opt to put in 2 Trojans at $130 for a pair if offered that pricing?

Incidentally.....the Costco site does not even give me a view of the various batteries online other than to say "Interstate"....no specs, no prices, no selections. The Interstate website is useless to find out Ah ratings. I get a mumbo jumbo to me, reserve CC amps in various time frames.
Frankly, I am going nuts trying to decipher it all.

Sam's club seems to sell batteries labeled as "Duracell" made by Deka Penn. Ah ratings is 215 I believe.

For what has been offered me, in writing, I will stick with the tried and true Trojans. I have yet to come across any significant number of adverse user reviews.

Maybe 6-8 years later (reported life span with proper maintenance) a Costco or Sam's club battery might make more sense.
True deep cycle batteries do not have Reserve Cranking amps.  Any battery, such as a marine battery, sold as a combination of a starting battery and a deep cycle battery is not built like the Deep Cycle batteries, like the Trojan or the golf cart batteries sold by Costco or Sam's.  Golf Cart batteries are usually labeled GC-2 and have about 200-220AH of capacity. 

Here is a link to Sam's Club Golf Cart battery:  http://www.samsclub.com/sams/energizer-golf-cart-battery-group-size-gc2/prod6750008.ip 

Whether you go with 12V or 6V batteries make sure they are true deep cycle batteries.  Most 12V batteries you find in big box stores are not true deep cycle batteries.  So I would just assume that the 12V batteries they put in the trailer are not true deep cycle batteries, unless you can get the exact brand name and model of the 12V battery and verify that it is a deep cycle battery. 

Trojan has some deep cycle 12V batteries on their web site.  Like these here:  http://www.trojanbattery.com/products/deep-cycle-flooded/signature-line-flooded-2/

Personally I would probably not spend $130 extra for the Trojan batteries.  I would see if the dealer would give you $80-$90 credit for each of the 12V batteries.  If so I would go to Costco or Sam's and buy the golf cart (GC-2) batteries.  If not then I would consider the $130 for the Trojan 6V batteries.  I'm not sure I would trust the dealer to change the wiring to put the batteries in series.  I would do it myself. 

Back
Top Bottom