Sold Class C after 7 months

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

bhounds

I bought a 2003 Coachmen Freedom 258db last fall, after spending a couple of years studying the RV life. I was working full time and took weekends to look at and test drive Class A's, Class C's. Never could make up my mind on what I wanted. I bought a Class C last September locally, in great shape and I honestly thought that was what I wanted. Yet, the more I sat inside with my large bloodhound, the smaller that center isle looked. It also went against my original plan of staying off the grid as much as possible. At the time I had an H3 Hummer but that was only rated to two 4,500 lbs, so that is what I was looking at trailer wise. Those were really too small because I will be traveling with dogs.

With the Class C I was going to have to tow a 4x4 for what I needed. I didn't think a 5.7L, Gas, 26' could tow my H3 up and down mountains while traveling the Western states. So I went back to my original plan of a 4x4 pickup truck towing a trailer. I've bought the truck this past week and am now looking for a trailer in the 24' range and 21' of living space. I am wanting a trailer with high clearance and people differ on whether I need a 4-season trailer. The Northwood Nash comes to mind to fit both of those requirements.

Anyway, for those following other posts of mine the past few months, where I did have questions in this "motorhome" section, I'd thought I'd write an update. There was nothing wrong with the Class C. I just decided it wasn't the right combination for me. Now off to find a trailer.

I sold my first Class A motor home after nine months of ownership and moved into a Class C...

Back
Top Bottom