Some advice on current problems

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

bigbluefan02

I'm totally new to the RV world. Done research but still best way to learn is to get in and do it for me. So couple questions: I just bought a used 1989 24 ft. Coachmen Leprechaun I think I got a good deal on it, not much to do to it (I think).  But I do need some advice on something:

The roof on the middle of the RV seems to be a little soft, I looked on the inside and no water spots or anything, however the owner did tell me that there was a leak but it was fixed.  Should I replace the roof or any advice what I should do would be helpful.

Any advice or answer are appreciated and I as I go I will have more. Thanks again.

"Soft" is a relative term. If springy but safe to walk on, I wouldn't worry as much as long as you are SURE the leak has been fixed. Difficult to know, but keep an eye out for stained, mildewed or pebbly spots on ceilings, walls and flooring or delamination of the outer skin. If its soft enough to worry you about stepping on it, I would open it up and replace at least that section.

Another way to test it is if there is a light fixture or vent anywhere in the area of the soft spot, unscrew it and pull it down. Then get a probe or long screwdriver and poke the area to see if loose material comes out. Just don't push through the roof!

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bob007
Back
Top Bottom