Some things missing......

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

SargeW

Site Team
After just a few weeks in the new RV we are loving many of the new features.  Some things that I didn't think would be all that important turned out to be huge. Like the washer/dryer, the MCD shades in the front, and the outside TV.  But when we bought the Meridian 4 years ago it was loaded with lots of stuff that I took for granted. 

Fast forward 4 years in a slowly recovering economy and many of the little things that the I liked on the old rig need to be replaced on the new one.  Part of it is the fact that a Journey is a different trim line than the Merdian.  Some of the missing stuff I plan to put back on soon is the missing mud flaps on the tires and rock guard on the rear.  Also missing are the window awnings on a few of the windows not covered by the larger awning.

One odd twist that the new Journey has is that the rear TV does not operate off of the video selector in the front of the rig.  It instead is wired to have it's own satellite receiver box.  It is connected to the roof mounted antenna still though.  Fortunately I have a spare box in storage that I can install and have turned on.  I guess the thought was that it allows the front TV's and the bedroom TV to operate on different channels.  Not a big issue for me and the wife though. 

But even with the missing options I still would make the purchase again in a heartbeat.  There is just too much good stuff in the new rig that I really wanted.  Life really is all about choices.

Sarge

SargeW said:
One odd twist that the new Journey has is that the rear TV does not operate off of the video selector in the front of the rig.  It instead is wired to have it's own satellite receiver box.  It is connected to the roof mounted antenna still though.  Fortunately I have a spare box in storage that I can install and have turned on.  I guess the thought was that it allows the front TV's and the bedroom TV to operate on different channels.  Not a big issue for me and the wife though. 

Sarge

That is definately what we want to do with the TV in the bunk area so the brats can watch Cartoon Network or their DVD's without inflicting it on the rest of us, as to whether it will have the wii or the xbox attached we will have to see.

Yeah, I can see how that would be a big plus for someone having kids.  Ours are grown and gone so that isn't an issue anymore.  It's not a huge deal for us, just another adjustment to make. 

Sarge, isn't it amazing how much work we have to do to a new/used Motorhome to make it useable?

After a year of my icemaker not working I just replaced it last week. Still a few wants, but they can wait..Know you love the new unit and many safe miles. 8)

Thanks for the good thoughts!  We are slowly making the new unit "ours".  And that includes working out all the little bugs that need adjustment.  But we are still having a good time!

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thumpercolt
Back
Top Bottom