Something for everyone: The new 2025 Dodge Charger

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Skookum

The Ramcharger EV 1500 has 663 HP and a 690 mile driving range. Stellantis is serious about remaining king of the hill.

A twin turbo V6 is quick. We had a 2015 Lincoln MKX twin-turbo V6 AWD, it was too much for DW to drive she said, so she traded it for a 2017 Jeep GC limited V6. The trade value was more than she paid, and the salesman said he had a buyer with a standing order for this car as equipped.
At about 30 MPH, punching it would push you back into the seat, reminded me of lying down on a foam mattress..

"The lack of a V-8 option is sure to upset some Dodge diehards, but the automaker is keen to point out that the standard output produces more horsepower and torque than the 5.7-liter V-8 in the outgoing R/T, while the high-output motor outdoes the old Scat Pack's 6.4-liter V-8."

One other thing that Dodge (Stellantis) seems to keep forgetting is, the sound. Yeah, the HP and torque numbers look nice, but will they have the deep rumble of the V8? Will you get that chill down your spine listening to to the power behind the firewall? I kinda doubt it. Now I'm not saying the Hurricane won't have it's own sound, but the purist's will still miss that V8 sound. Period!

Back in the day the top guy at the track was the fastest. Now that the muscle cars are having their assets handed to them by EV’s it’s suddenly about the “soul and the sound of the V8”. Lol 😂

Back in the day the top guy at the track was the fastest. Now that the muscle cars are having their assets handed to them by EV’s it’s suddenly about the “soul and the sound of the V8”. Lol 😂

I’ll cede that it’s real. I enjoy all kinds of cars, many of which are slower than EVs, and many which are a lot more exciting to drive, too.

It’s like a campfire. Yeah, people could sit around a space heater. It might put out amazing heat. But it’s not a campfire in the woods, just something about it…

The older I get the more I like the absence of money draining out of my bank account for my paid-for cars. Though I did appreciate the better performance and economy of putting 2 into 1 headers and a different bumpstick in my harley, the pronounced rumble was just a bonus.

Mark B.
Albuquerque, NM

I guess they don't have the TV show Street Outlaws in Canada. Can't compete with a 3,000 hp V8. The other problem is the 1,700 lbs weight of the batteries makes the EV slower.

I guess they don't have the TV show Street Outlaws in Canada. Can't compete with a 3,000 hp V8. The other problem is the 1,700 lbs weight of the batteries makes the EV slower.
Yah, no. EV’s kick assets in the stock vehicle classes. Kinda fun to watch.

Oh, no "suddenly" about it. I've always liked the sound. I even had a Cherry Bomb on my 1965 Plymouth Fury III (4 door), with a 318 single exhaust. It sure sounded better than the stock exhaust though.

Funny story, I was watching one of the many restoration shows on Motor Trend TV. They were going to restore a 1923 Ford. When they put it up on a lift, this truck even had a Cherry Bomb on it. Too funny.

Oh, no "suddenly" about it. I've always liked the sound.
I like the type of noise my 1,000 lbs Harley RoadGlide Altra makes. Not loud, just the low RPMs sounds nice to me.

It will be the next bike I ride when spring comes to Reno. It's extra late for this time of year.

High RPMs sound like junk to me. Such as the sport bikes. And did I mention I don't like the V10 engine in RVs?

-Don- Reno, NV

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Savysoaker
Back
Top Bottom