Sometimes the key fob doesn't work

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

DickHutchings

If I walk away and come back, it works fine. It's like it has to reset itself sometimes. Is it just a battery problem?

When I see this behavior with our car key fobs, I know it's time to replace the batteries, or at least buy new ones ready.

Don't know which brand you have, but mine (different brands) have never lost a code while replacing batteries.

I had this issue with a used fob I picked up for my itasca. Turns out it's oxidation of the rubber contacts inside. Fortunately these can be repaired with this kit. Also look it up on YouTube as its a bit tricky to apply. CaiKote 44 Kit, includes swabs and brushes silver-based 1.0 - K-CK44-G https://www.amazon.com/dp/B003D8G8SY/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_tai_xMLNxbC0HXEYH

I hve a 2011 Journey and the remote stopped working. I figured the batteries were shot. When I opened the keyfob, the batteries (two of them) had slipped out of the holder. Put them back in and everything worked fine. There is a red led light on the keyfob that should light up when the button is pushed, May be hard to see in daylight. The security code is programed into the unit and the fob, so should never change.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozrkbnd
Back
Top Bottom