South Dakota PMB services. Who has which here?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Steven L

We are getting nearer now to severing ties with Minnesota and making our move to become South Dakota residents, and I'm curious to hear from those of you who (either recently or for some time) have used any of the PMB services available in South Dakota. So far as I know from my searches online the choices available based out of there are:

South Dakota Mail Forwarding in Chamberlain
Dakota Post in Sioux Falls
Your Best Address also Sioux Falls
America's Mailbox in Box Elder
South Dakota Residency Center in Spearfish

I'm leaning towards the services that ARE NOT located in Sioux Falls at this time, as there are definite roadblocks that exist for full-timers with the sheriff's office in Minnehaha County, in going through the process of being issued a carry permit by the current officeholder there.

Please share your personal experiences with any of these services, as well as adding to my list if there are any which I missed.

As a quick note here on that last, I didn't miss Escapees on my list but left them off intentionally.

WRT your concealed carry issue. SD is a permitless carry state; South Dakota law allows people over 18, including nonresidents, to carry concealed handguns - even in vehicles - without a permit. And open carry is legal. If you are looking to obtain a carry permit because it will allow you to carry in states that have reciprocity, then by all means you need to do that. But if you're just looking to carry while in SD, it isn't necessary.

We use My Home Address in Emery, SD

They are very customer service oriented and you can talk to the owner Bruce if you have any questions. They were recommended by a friend, we have never had any issues.

Shameless plug....if you do decide to use them let me know as I get a credit or something for the recommendation.

...If you are looking to obtain a carry permit because it will allow you to carry in states that have reciprocity, then by all means you need to do that. But if you're just looking to carry while in SD, it isn't necessary.
Yes, this exactly Tulecreeper. (y)

We will be spending a good deal of time during the nicer months of the year returning here to Minnesota where the majority of our family & friends will be, and I'll not want to be having such a concern on my mind when we are.

The currently serving Sheriff in Minnehaha County has made no bones publicly about it. He WILL NOT consider any individual utilizing a PMB as having met the standard of state residency for the express purpose of issuing a permit.

In fact if you go to the county website to download an application for the same, that caveat is clearly stated on the first page of the form itself, in such a manner that it can't be missed when filling it out.

We use My Home Address in Emery, SD

They are very customer service oriented and you can talk to the owner Bruce if you have any questions. They were recommended by a friend, we have never had any issues.

Shameless plug....if you do decide to use them let me know as I get a credit or something for the recommendation.
I'll look into this one as well SMR, and thank you.

Should I choose them I'll defintely reach out to you privately to be sure you get all credit due to you from them.

Reactions: SMR
Some of the PMB's offer services for registration renewal, we (DW) takes care of it online to avoid paying them to do it.

Some of the PMB's offer services for registration renewal, we (DW) takes care of it online to avoid paying them to do it.
Yes, and I've heard more than enough horror stories on how they can and do mess up when executing those registrations I have no issues in taking care of that end of things on my own when the time comes.

As it's been related to me at least, South Dakota has an online process for completing that which is fairly straightforward and easy at least as online registration goes.

Reactions: SMR
DW said it was. We have a had a few questions so we called, they answered the phone and helped us.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Savysoaker
Back
Top Bottom