Speedometer on 2003 Itasca Horizon DP

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

judway

The speedometer on my MH goes to 55 or 65 MPH when it is started, but not moving. Anything that might do to fix it? If not, how much might I have to pay for a new one? THANKS!

Sounds like a GMC chassis? If so it probably uses a Chevy dash cluster. And they were notorious for failures back then. ISSPRO rebuilds them to keep the ODO intact per federal regulations. Might give them a call.

I believe you have a Freightliner chassis. If so, the problem is likely caused by the engine computer. You can call Freightliner hep at 1-800-ftl-help. They have free phone help 24/7. Have your chassis VIN ready when you call.

It is a Freightliner. Thought someone might have had the same problem and could tell me what was done to fix the problem. I had the computer replaced about 5 years ago at a cost of about $3000, don't want to do that again. Thanks!

The speedo gets it info from the engine data bus through a thing called an MMDC. Could be a MMDC problem, or maybe just that the engine ECM is getting bad data (or no data) from the sensors that feed it. Learn more about it and find a manual for it at RV Tech Library - Freightliner MMDC Information Display

A call to Freightliner Custom Chassis Help line might get you some solid clues. 1-800-FTL-HELP (have your VIN handy - they will ask for last 6 digits).

Wayne, I had the air indication issue on my '04 Meridian caused by the VDU located on the left aft (power cord area). In addition to the two air inputs, there are two electrical connectors on the VDU. Might be an easy check to see if the connectors are secure.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Big Dog
Back
Top Bottom