Sprint Nextel Merger

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I have Sprint and just drove from Vegas to KY last week.  I had no coverage across Utah or W Colorado into Denver, and spotty in KS.  My coverage in KY is good around the cities, poor in rural areas and awful in WV.  I do not expetc that to change with nextel as I had asked them about coverage in those areas and they had none, so they will add nothing to Sprint.  The merger just eliminates competition, it will not improve coverage or service.  My drive from Vegas (with F-350 bought in Vegas) was to pick up an RV in Denver, purchased on E-bay.  The seller advertised hitch and trailer, did not have the hitch and expected me to wait 4 days for delivery of parts, would not refund my deposit.  I drove home without the camper  Be wary of a used 1998 Nu Wa in Parker, CO.  Bad faith seller.

Doug Halsey

Hello Doug:

Dougie said:
I have Sprint and just drove from Vegas to KY last week.? I had no coverage across Utah or W Colorado into Denver, and spotty in KS.? My coverage in KY is good around the cities, poor in rural areas and awful in WV.

Thanks for sharing that info. In the meantime, I am switching from Cingular to Verizon. Will be complaining to the State Consumer Affairs (or whatever that agency is that one complains to) to try to get the $150 contract thing waived. I doubt if I will be successful but will feel better having tried. Cingular's policy, as quoted by several of their customer service personnel and supervisors, is that once the 30 day buyer's remorse period is up, the monies will not be waived for any reason.

Have wondered how sales of RV's goes on eBay. Can eBay help you get your deposit back -- or do they stay neutral in those situations?

What part of Kentucky are you from? I grew up in Georgetown -- then my family moved to Lexington.

Ned said:
The technologies of Sprint and Nextel are totally incompatible.

Note quite, the technologies of Sprint and Nextel are only about 50% incompatable.  The tower to handset is 100% incompatable
however

1: They both use towers, A merger betrween Sprint and Nextel means that Sprint may have access to Nextel towers and Nextel to Sprint towers, this means that both services may well end up with greater coverage

2: Once the information is digitized (by the handset) and shipped to the tower it goes on a network... The networks may be either A: Compatable or B:adaptable again allowing very swift upgrad of both services

Where I work we use NoTel , ur, Nextel, phones

So while you are right, handset to tower, Nextel and sprint do not get along well... There is the fact of the tower itself and tower to tower they may well be more compatable.

I was referring to the handset technology only.  I would expect the terrestrial networks to be very similar for all carriers.  It's just bits by that time :)

Back
Top Bottom