Standard vs Pass Through TPMS sensors

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
What is the best kind of sensor for a tire pressure monitoring system?  I have metal valve stems, so that is not an issue on my wheels.  I see that the pass through sensors for the identical system are cheaper.  Is there something I am missing?

I don't think there's a right or wrong answer to that Steve - personal preference. We've got eight Minder TM-66 sensors on our motorhome's tires, and if I need to air up, I just unscrew the TPMS sensors like I would a valve stem cap. When I'm done, I just screw them back on. On average I only need to put air in the tires (maybe) once a year, so it's not an issue at all.

Kev

My thoughts when I purchased my TST system was the pass through was more weight on the stem.  Adding air is not something required very often, so a non issue for me.

For me, the pass-through is very handy as we travel from extreme cold to warm temperatures, which requires a psi adjustment.
It's nice to be able to hold the display, let a bit of air out and wait a minute for the display to refresh.
Same for adding air.

I use both.  The motorhome has pass through sensors and the towed has standard ones.  No problems with either type yet.

Since my rear dualies are set up like an 18 wheeler removing the outer tires sensors would be a major pain every time.  Actually the inners would be a pain too.  Just not as much pain.  I've tried several different extensions and they all leak eventually.

I have TST 507 pass thru sensors. Mine are not real accurate with a 4-5 psi error. I'm kind of OCD about tire psi. I have a TT so they are easy to just unscrew. If I was buying again I would definitely buy the non pass through. You don't say what your set up is. If you need pass thru sensors for a reason by all means do so. If not I would pass on them.

As an additional note: The TST 507 TPMS system I have has saved be from shredding a tire and having to deal with the resulting damage.

I have tst, ordered with pass through.
I have converted 4 out of the 6 to their cap type if that tells you anything.....

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
damusicduo
Back
Top Bottom