Steering on class A

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
On my 2005 P32 chassis I ran the airbags at 95 and the 225-19.5 XRV tires at 85 to provide me best driving experience. My front end weight was just under the 6000 if I remember correctly.
I have since replaced the airbags and old springs with new springs (no bags) to give me a little better ride height, and also new tires so a few things are different now.

Barryn514 said:
The new ones are rated at 85lbs max and the dealer told me to put in 80lbs all around.

Unless the dealer weighed all 4 corners of your RV and compared the weights to the manufacturer inflation tables... then he is just spitting out numbers without any facts.  In other words, you need to do what he didn't.  Get your rig weighed and obtain (generally available by download) a tire inflation table for the make/model tires you purchased.  Also what size are they?  If you have LT 16" tires like mine and many other rigs of our vintage, they will probably need to be run at close to maximum inflation.  But you won't know for sure until you weigh the rig... at LEAST front and rear axle if you're not able to do all 4 corners independently.  Trucks stops or gravel pit truck scales work best.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thumpercolt
Back
Top Bottom