Stepping Out, An RV Oops

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
We were camping at Bonham State Park, a small Texas State Park in northeast Texas.  We had a great campsite, and we had thoroughly enjoyed the lake at the park.

Not wanting to miss any time enjoying this park, one morning we were planning to have breakfast and coffee outside.  I remember I had a cup of coffee in my right hand and something in my left.

I started down the steps of the fifth wheel, and apparently I thought it would be quicker to ski down.  When I landed, I hadn?t spilled any coffee, but I had badly skinned my knee.

The other tired teacher insisted that I not swim that day, and in a sort of solidarity, she refrained from swimming too.

When we got home, I saw that the knee was infected.  It cost me a visit to my doctor, the price of the prescription of antibiotics, and wounded pride to learn why that handle is on the outside of the of the RV.

Attachments

• maxresdefault (5).jpg
    maxresdefault (5).jpg
    175.8 KB · Views: 113
When I first set this rig up here at the shop I had a ladder outside I used to get in and out.  Well I missed a step and down I went.. Thankfully I have had a lot of training in how to do that w/o injury.

Some time later I built a set of steps. And glad I did, they are way over built but we had to lift the engine hoist into the RV and that little ladder woudl NOT have done the job.

And some time after that .. I was walking over to the shop and my legs gave out... (Low blood pressure or low blood sugar, not sure which.. Now that time I actually got hurt.. Still healing from it in fact, No infection though.  Have had some insect bites go infected though.

Must be something about Texas.
We were on our way home from Arizona last Oct. when we stopped at Lake Meredith, near Dumas.  My wife opened the door to step out of the coach, the wind caught the door and pulled her out of the coach and onto the ground before either of us could react. 
We are currently stuck in Arkansas(our home base)while she recovers from shoulder replacement surgery which resulted from the fall.  Hope to get a Dr's release to travel so we can make our camp host gig next month.

Operation is done.  All that's left is healing and therapy.  Thanks for the well wishes.
It's been a long winter, and hopefully things are on the upswing now.

Funny thing, when she sat up after the fall, her face was covered with blood.  I sorta freaked and had visions of concussions and cracked skulls 600 miles from home.  Got it cleaned up and it was a small cut about 1/4" long that didn't even leave a scar.  The Urgent Care said she'd just sprained the shoulder, as did the first orthopedist we saw.  3rd guy replaced the shoulder and repaired a couple of small muscle tears that weren't seen until he got in there.

When I landed, I hadn?t spilled any coffee, but I had badly skinned my knee.

The important part is that the coffee didnt get spilled, that would be really bad.  :eek:

Cadee2c, I have to agree that saving the coffee was the important part.  By the way, I love your quote.

Back
Top Bottom