Sticker shock on new phones

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
UTTransplant said:
When we are traveling, we routinely use 15-20GB of data each (two people). Streaming music a reasonable amount (no streaming video), email, social media, blog updates, etc seem to take up a surprising amount! Those who are stationary with decent campground WiFi probably don?t need the same thing as those of us in the boonies far away from WiFi. Oh, and I have an Apple. I enjoy the seamless integration of their products, and iTunes is a wonderful invention LOL! I am happy with my unlimited Verizon on two lines. We haven?t ever hit the throttled amount, but we have come close a few times. They seem to have good service where we travel which is almost exclusively West with a few trips to the Midwest.
First off Android products are just as seamlessly integrated as Apple products are. I have a collection of 3000 of my favorite songs that I put together and they are located on my phones SD card and a bunch of other places so I never have to stream music.

docj said:
With all due respect, 3GB is less than 2 days worth at our current usage rate.  Even without streaming video we use >10 GB/mo for two laptops, two smartphones and an iPad.

Of course we use MUCH less than that, but I was replying to Tom's post about 1GB for $30.

Hmmm, I remember those "days of yore" when we tried really hard to stay within our 3-5GB data plans. Fortunately, we don't need to do that now...

Attachments

• Capture.JPG
    Capture.JPG
    18.4 KB · Views: 15
Back
Top Bottom