Still here, decided to just start new thread

• Thread starter PatrioticStabilist
  • Start date
The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
We have had a good trip, only repair (SO FAR) this year was my awning came unfurled part way in the brutal wind, and had to have it taped.  Tom wanted me to get someone to fix it.  He untapped and got the 4 inches or so of fabric rolled back up.  I think the aluminum cover is slightly bent so did not go totally flat, but we put straps on the awning legs and I have an extra set to put on so will be fine.  Something for Tom to fix LOL!

Plan on leaving Friday morning, I hope I don't have that wind on the way back, that gets tiring day after day and makes me slow down.  I don't plan driving at 55mph very far, I hope, like I had to coming down.  Honestly there was at least 2 days I should have parked it, for about 3 days only saw a handful of TT's or motorhomes, smart people, it was not safe, never seen it blow that hard.  It was all I could do to get the door open or closed to get in or out and the motorhome was buffeted pretty good when parked.

Next year heading for Florida.

I think Tom and us are going to W Virginia to visit some folks this summer and to Branson, and maybe Nashville, he doesn't mind short trips.

The old girl used no oil on the way out or if it did not enough I could tell, so 2000 miles on it now, will see what it does going home.

They fixed another gauge, it never worked before, all I can figure out it is, is oil temperature, I have engine temp, tranny temp, but don't understand why I have oil and engine temp gauges both, looks like it would be the same, but the oil temp gauge runs higher then the engine??  It just says in the manual see operator manual as these are additional gauges.  In that cluster is hour meter for generator, the oil temp, then tranny temp, and air and brake pressure.  Elsewhere they  say truck people just like gauges, LOL!

Anyway unless the weather gets worse or something off we go Friday.

That makes sense, never thought of that.

It runs about 185 for the engine oil temp, the other runs lower, if its coolant temp.  Both go a bit higher on climbing.

Come on back down to Quartzsite, then head east on I-10 to get home.  The weather has turned nice, the Potluck is Saturday at 2 PM at the rally site!  ;)

DD was sick and we headed for home, got home on Tuesday, we drove 40 and it was good weather, Tom and I both
were monitoring it all the way.  I got lucky. Have to watch the speed, once happened to get the old girl up to 74, I
certainly did not intend to, so used cruise more.  I don't drive it that fast, the pac brake worked as it should also,
I think they serviced it. And it used no oil, or not enough I could tell if it did.  Over 3600 miles, yes!

However, after I got home, I caught what she had and worse.  Ended up at minor emergency clinic because I got
up on Sunday and couldn't get enough air.  Steroid shot, antibiotics, for 5 days, still sick Went to my doc she put
me on stronger stuff, steroid shot, prednisone, and I was really really sick, I coughed till my ribs hurt slept in
my recliner many nights.  Doing much better, in fact going to grocery soon.

Tom got the motorhome winterized and I got stuff boxed before I got to sick.  We stored a lot of things in totes
so next time I just load those and not leave stuff.  But don't want mice in food and linens.  Not had many but
have had some.

He got the outside washed down one day when it was 60.  Also he had been fighting it due to, to much fluid going
in the water heater.  He found the guy that had fixed it had put on the wrong valve type to have it bypass, now
that works right.  So she is now back in the garage.

I would love to head for Florida in March but doubt I do.  He is working on his mom's house and has made a lot
of progress.  Has the bathroom ready to put in mostly new fixtures, new ceiling tile, in bathroom, laundry, and
family room.  Took out a staircase to a really not finished upstairs and it was not designed for and put in a big
closet in that 1 bedroom, its done.  Then he has a small closet to fix in the other, has a big one, he closed up
the door between them.  Now he tore the kitchen cabinets out, we were going to refinish, decided to tear out
rewire, and replumb in there.  We hope to get it on the market in the next 2 to 3 months.  I do need to help when
it gets to putting up cabinets, painting a few window frames, and cleaning. Most windows are new vinyl and we
are changing one out over the kitchen sink, so all in good condition.  I haven't done much on this one.
We are having good response to our rentals.  If we can find decent houses to remodel here we could rent
them all day long, but the housing stock is old and so many are to bad to mess with, at least in our minds.
We want them structurally sound and not have to redo everything, and of course not overpriced.  We now have
4 rented, and 2 in the works.  Ours are in excellent condition when rented, we have some renters for a year
now, no late rents, no cleanliness or pet issues.  I am careful and so far good renters.  We are selling the
last of our property in Texas this year if possible, we do not intend to be long distance landlords.

So Tom is happy, he has his things to work on.  I'm happy because my motorhome is running good and I
intend to go to Florida next spring, maybe somewhere this fall too.  That is to be seen.  Sue Anne is doing
very well at home again, so right now all is well.  She has been wonderful since home and we are starting
her in music therapy, she also has a behavior therapist we have not needed yet.  We are going to try to
get her more in the community though she is gunshy after the place she was in.  But they sure straightened
her act up!!  So everything is going as well as can be expected, never know what tomorrow will bring so
enjoying each day as we can.  Hope all of you are too.

The weather is beautiful here in southern Indiana, was 85 today in April!!  The farmers are working like crazy planting,
last year was way to wet for too long.  This year I wonder if we will get enough rain.

We are taking off tomorrow, the 3 of us Tom, Sue Anne, and I to Franklin, Tenn.  Taking DD to see Riders In the Sky,
she loves their music, listens every Saturday night.  So we are going to a live performance in a historic theater there.

Then we are going on a dinner cruise on the General Jackson, hope there is no dress code.  So we are taking off for
a few days.  We are so busy, not much time.  When I get home, garden to put out, then Tom and I are volunteering
for things locally.  We are going to try to finish his mom's house the next month or two and get it on the market for
rent.

We are finally selling our duplex in Texas or I should say putting it up for sale.  If we do, we are toying with buying
a small winter place in Florida, but keeping the motorhome.

Hope all are well and enjoying themselves, we are, and all is well.

We were just in Franklin, TN. Beautiful little town. Home of music city roots. Fantastic performances. With any luck, you might see Keith Urban and Nicole Kidman who have a home there.....

It was a great trip, old motorhome just purred along. We loved the cruise and food,
the performance was excellent, sold out theater.  We had dinner at the Red Pony in
Franklin, food was wonderful. Sue Anne got her autographed poster by the 4, a CD,
and her T shirt.  She LOVES their music, likely one of their biggest fans.
We liked the fact it was acoustic, no electric instruments at all and their singing is really
smooth.  They said they have been performing for 39.5 years, wow and still good.

Tom does want to put the motorhome in the shop to have the steering checked out.  He
says he could but they have all the stuff to do it easier them him.  Glad to hear him say that.
He feels there is too much play in the steering.  He said you can have the nose painted this
year or the steering looked at.  Darn, I hate being practical but think he is right. Mechanical
over aesthetics.

Sue Anne and I may head for Florida in October and February, have to see how things go, but
we are thinking about it. 

Had the AC on when we left, came home to a 67 degree house, brrrr, heat back on tonight.

Funny, I have not been on here in a very long while and came to read about what she was up to and am very sad to see no posts from her since 2017.

I sure hope she and her family are okay.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Savysoaker
Back
Top Bottom