Stink`n Crows on my motorhome

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

vmax1

About 6:00am the Crows get together and start dancing on my RV, cant sleep in anymore, whats the best way to get rid of these guys?

They used to congregate in the trees above my house every year by the hundreds.  One tree in particular.  The tree got taken down and they stopped coming around.  You may have a tree or food source they are attracted to.

Crows are the coyote of the bird world.

They are extreemly smart birds,  that scarecrow will be defrauded and they will quickly adapt.

you need a pet predator bird or a BB gun.

I saw something about crows that said they are the smartest bird.  It showed the crows using "tools" and playing by repeatedly sliding down a roof. 

OBX said:
I saw something about crows that said they are the smartest bird.  It showed the crows using "tools" and playing by repeatedly sliding down a roof.
The stupidity of (the researchers) claiming one breed of birds is the smartest is beyond belief to me. Who gave intelligence tests to all 10,000 different species of birds in the world to reach this silly conclusion? And they are comparing bird intelligence to human intelligence, two vastly different things. Many people get crows and ravens confused so I am not even sure the birds the OP is referring to is actually a crow.

Attachments

• crow.jpg
    crow.jpg
    102.5 KB · Views: 31
My apologies, "seilerbird" is clearly more intelligent then the "crow bird".  The researchers must have simply ruled out all other species and mistakenly used similar assessment factors as those used in comparing primates, aquatic animals such as dolphins, etc.  Don't know their statistics but the article was interesting none the less.

"Seilerbird", if you send them a video of you using tools and playing such as sliding down a roof repeatedly, you could blow the "crow bird" theory out of the air.

If you're find large black birds around humans in concentrations of more than one then chances are that they are crows. Ravens are reclusive by comparison and don't like crowds so to speak, now on to the question...

Several years ago when we arrived home we found a crows nest right outside of our bedroom window about twenty feet up in one of our ash trees.  Needless to say this is unacceptable as the crows like to get up long before we did. A quick trip over to a friends house to borrow his pellet rifle and within a week the problem was largely solved.  Are they smart?? You bet they are, if a crow sees me nowadays and I stop and look at him/her they immediately take off for safer parts of the neighborhood.  Yes I still have the pellet rifle and yes I still use it, no guilt at all.

Depending on location and legality, an application of #9 lead shot over several mornings may change the crows habits. Not PC, of course. Little is these days.

William52 said:
  That's funny....    Only bird other than a hummer that can fly backwards , if you don't believe me try hitting one with a shotgun.
Not true.  I know I hit them.  It's that danged force field. :)

I had this problem so I bought a cheap R/C helicopter and I charge them with it, Crows ignored it right up until I crashed the chopper into one of them at full speed, 4 days of that and they now avoid my trailer like the plague even months later and go bother my neighbor, plus it's a fun deversion to occasionally fly the chopper around the roof of my trailer.

I put a big picture of Hillary Clinton on the roof of my motorhome, and so far no Crows.

vmax1 said:
I put a big picture of Hillary Clinton on the roof of my motorhome, and so far no Crows.

I would have thought it would attract them to do you know what on the picture.

Back
Top Bottom