Stolen Motorhome

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Tipicaly when a older rv is stolen it because someone is looking for a place to live for a few months...  If.it still local I would check boondocking camping areas and cheep trailer parks

So I guess you're using it as a summer cottage ! ;)

Try re-reading John's messages. He full-times in his coach, but had the unfortunate experience of his engine blowing, leaving him stranded.

BobOB said:
I hope it wasn't somebody that watched the first season of Breaking Bad, where they stole a Class A RV and used it to make Meth. If so, you don't want it back. Best wishes and good luck. Those jerks will steal anything these days.
Well in season one they didn't steal that Bounder; they used Walt's savings to buy it! Overpaid for it to boot.

However in season 3 we find out that Jesse used much of Walt's savings for a wild night out with his friends. After that one of his friends stole his mom's Bounder, selling it to Jesse for the remainder of Walt's savings. So, technically, they still "bought" it. :)

Mike

Mopar1973Man said:
All you need is about 30-60 seconds with a jiggle key and the vehicle is gone.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LlcD3fAn9oQ

I'd be surprised if that works the same way in an ignition.  Doors are never too hard to get open, even with a hangar or cheap slim jim.  Either way, 99% of car thieves do not come prepared with such tools, they just look for the easy score (doors unlocked, keys inside) and move on if any resistance is evident.  But there's always that 1% to consider.

We had a system installed in out MH in which you have to pass a chip over a hidden sensor in order to start it.  If you try to start without the chip being used, the horn blows and it locks out the ignition.  I thought it was a bit of overkill when hubby wanted it installed.  Now I'm glad we got it.  :)

Picked this off another forum:
"Your Discovery doesn't have an OBD II port - they are not used on medium and heavy duty diesels. Instead it probably has a SAE J1708 engine data bus and diagnostic connector or it may have the newer J1939 bus. A call to Caterpillar (you have the Cat 3126E engine, right?) or Freightliner should get you the answer which it is. And maybe where to find it too. Most likely back at the engine."

You could have this in your MH, it reports temperature and location.
http://nimblewireless.com/rv-monitoring/

Steve

For dalsn1 & RogerS, would you really spend that amount of money for those gadgets on a 1990 class C MH ? I think I'd insure it only for plublic liability for my part and I'd sue the garage from where it was stolen. That business should have great insurances !

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rbritt
Back
Top Bottom