Storage bay courtesy lights

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Fleetwood just e-mailed me pdf copies of my coach electrical diagrams (coach, chassis, slide, 12v and 120v) complete with wire harness routing.  They also included heating, cooling, fresh water and drain plumbing diagrams.  My coach is a '97 so I would expect they winny still have yours on file.  Include the data I referenced in my earlier post.

To my surprise, they even included shees showing wire loom locations in the ceiling and walls.

You can get manuals and diagrams for Winnebago products as far back as 1997 through the Winnebago web site:  http://www.winnebagoind.com/resources/manuals/.  Perhaps they have earlier models available upon request.

Delbert said:
You can get manuals and diagrams for Winnebago products as far back as 1997 through the Winnebago web site:  http://www.winnebagoind.com/resources/manuals/.  Perhaps they have earlier models available upon request.

Years ago, I was able to get a copy of the coach and chassis wiring diagrams for my 1993 Itasca Suncruiser. They sent me copies of the appropriate pages of their manuals. Over the years they sure have been handy. I got mine with a phone call rather than online. With the cost cutting measures Winnebago has implemented, they may have elected not to send out copies any more--pretty labor intensive.

Richard

Thank you, all,  for the tips. My little problem has been solved.
  If I need more detailed info from Winnebago, I'll take your advise.

Tom, is this article worth a spot on the "Hints, Tricks etc" post?

carson FL

It probably is Carson, but I'm still trying to figure out what the fix was, i.e. did the WD40 make the switches easier to slide, or did WD40 somehow "clean" the contacts? The latter somehow seems counter intuitive, since WD40 would likely leave an oily residue on the contacts, and they wouldn't pass any current (and the lights wouldn't work). Obviously, I'm in need of some enlightenment.

Tom, I think it is quite easy to explain.

The sliding contacts in each lamp were obviously corroded/oxidized from long term inaction.

Contact was restored by operating the switch slider multiple times. There was no WD-40 involved at this time.

After I determined that the switch operation was reliable, I then sprayed a bit of WD-40 into it to provide a touch of lubrication and cleaning. The insulation effect by a mist of spray on the contacts would be negligible. I have used the -40 many times on electrical work, contacts, switches etc. with absolutely no effect on conductivity.

Hope this helps.

John, yes I will check into that with WGO.

carson FL

Thanks Carson, that makes perfect sense. I missed/misread when/where the WD40 was applied in your earlier message.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bogwoods
Back
Top Bottom