Storing RV While on a Cruise

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sheila1947

Just wondering whether anyone has taken a cruise while traveling near one of the ports.  If so, what did you do with your RV while you were on the ship?

Thanks,
Sheila 8)

I have never done that but here is an idea for you, take a cruise in your RV.

Attachments

• Pictures1 102web.jpg
    Pictures1 102web.jpg
    144.3 KB · Views: 65
    I looked into it a few years ago for Florida ports, and at that time the cruise line will allow you to park in their paid lot, but it was expensive.  You might want to check at a nearby RV Park or storage lot, it likely would be cheaper.

Ed

Cruised out of Tampa. Parked the RV in the city managed parking lot for free. They offered that for anyone with a handicap card. I arrived early and took the opportunity to park the rig next to the gate where there was plenty of lighting. Everything went ok.

We just cruised Alaska and we found a campground in Everett Washington to store the 5er and truck for $5 a day. We stayed at the campground before and after our cruise but the trailer was picked up by the manufacturer to fix a problem and we left our truck at the Seattle-Tacoma airport.

Bob

We actually went to a local camground and made arrangements to leave it there while we were gone.  They let us keep it there for no fee if we disconnected from their electricity, which we did.  That was in Miami when we cruised out of that port.  No problems, and refrigerator ran for that week with no problem off propane. 

We've been on two cruises out of Florida with the RV.  The first time, we stored it in the cruise lines RV parking lot.  At the time, that cost around $100 (it's gone up a BUNCH since then).  Last year we cruised out of Miami on a 7 day cruise.  I found a storage place in downtown Miami that stored my RV and Jeep for the week.  They charged me $50.  I drove the RV to the site and took a cab back to the port.  No problems and I didn't have to worry about the RV while I was at sea.  Also, you might investigate just leaving it in a campground for the duration of the cruise, it still would be cheaper than parking it at the port.

We went on a cruise out of Galveston and I saw 2 or 3 motorhomes that came into the parking lot.  They were parked there during the cruise.  Have no idea what it cost.

We cruised out of Seattle left the RV and Jeep at the RV Park - they had RV storage WITH POWER for $3 per day.  Here in Ft. Lauderdale, Florida it is difficult to find storage we keep it at Davie Outdoor Storage but no power

Also, if you have decent house batteries, I left my RV disconnected and on battery power for a seven day cruise and still had battery (and fridge) when I returned.  Make sure your LP tank is full.

If I left our coach sitting with no electricity and on 12 volt to keep the fridge working, our batteries would be dead after 7 days and the food spoiled.  If this were me, I'd find a nearby campground and plug in just so the batteries would stay charged.  It would also be nice to have a "ready to go" place to come back home to after the cruise, instead of having to move from a storage lot into a campground.

Marsha~

We just cruised Alaska and we found a campground in Everett Washington to store the 5er and truck for $5 a day. We stayed at the campground before and after our cruise but the trailer was picked up by the manufacturer to fix a problem and we left our truck at the Seattle-Tacoma airport.

Bob
Hi we are Ron and Mary, we are cruising out of Seattle and need to leave our RV Jayco and Truck somewhere? Would you share the campground you used? Thanks.

New replies to this thread please:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jasondenman
Back
Top Bottom