Story Behind Your Screen Name

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
My last name is Seiler and I am a bird photographer. I was an early adapter to the Internet and I had about 6 different screen names when I thought of Seilerbird. Works for me because there is no other reason for anyone to use the name Seilerbird so I am unique.
By no means a professional shot, but I was walking the dog and had to walk off the shoveled driveway through a foot of snow in my slippers to get it so I am hoping the effort compensates for the quality

Attachments

• Pileated.jpg
    Pileated.jpg
    208.3 KB · Views: 19
Viajeros is travellers in Spanish. We have travelled and RVed thru 25 Mexican states and all of Spain. We are both fluent in Spanish as a second language. A cop called us that once. Just seemed right and it stuck. 😊

In the early days of message boards,a lot of folks would try to remain anonymous, then post things just to stir things up.
I once posted something that someone didn't like,and was accused of being a troll and hiding behind my screen name.
I didn't like it so started using my name and the town where I live to show people I wasn't trying to hide something.
I'm still Jeff and still in Ferndale Wa

Wow, who said threads don't get derailed. :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:J/K of course, I am waiting for someone to tell us about their experiences of learning to use the Commodore 64 . That scared me away from computers until around 1999.
I had one. A close friend had an older brother that was some sort of programmer so influenced him to get into computers.
I remember selling some stuff and saving money to spend 200.00 on a floppy drive. I think the floppies held 512k.
We found a club that their main purpose was to break the copy protection on programs that ccame on floppy disc,
Got my first PC in 1993.
I think my friend still has all of his old computers, including a TRS 80 and a few C-64s in storage someplace.

Since it is derailed anyway.

I taught myself to program in Basic in the 70s on an IBM 5110. This computer was the precursor to the first PC.

IBM included a detailed manual on programming in Basic A as part of commercial sales of their computers.

The original 5 1/4 floppies held 128K. We had to break our patient database in two, (A thru K and L thru Z).

Attachments

• 5110wfloppys.jpg
    5110wfloppys.jpg
    6.7 KB · Views: 2
Last edited:
New member here. I raced ATVs with both my sons from 2010 - 2015. Some of the greatest years of my life. Racing plus RVing plus time with the family. Now at 56, I'd go back tomorrow and do it some more if I only had the two things necessary: LOTS of money and time.

My quad of choice was a Kawasaki KFX450R set up for cross-country (XC) racing. I truly miss those days.

One-third of Colorado lies on the Western Slope of the Continental Divide of the Rocky Mountains which runs 276 miles north to south dividing both the state and the headwaters of many rivers that flow towards the Atlantic and the Pacific Ocean. Driving over the 10,000 feet to 13,000 feet high steep and few mountain road passes with 14,000 feet high peaks (58 total) one can head east to where 90% of Colorado's population resides, but winter conditions can be treacherous from September 1st to May 31st every year.

70% of Colorado's water is on the Western Slope. Most of the state's natural resources, popular tourist and recreation areas are also on the west side.

We live on the Western Slope within a rural region between Salt Lake City and Denver. Both are a 4 and 1/2 to 5 hour drive one way over the Rockies. There's no big cities north north and south. The Western Slope area’s rugged terrain, numbing cold, heavy  snow, and stark isolation has plenty of the 1%'ers that the Cell Phone Service skips on their 99% coverage maps. We're those folks.

With a distant state government that does not understand our needs and concerns we're getting wolves introduced to our home. Already have the bear, moose, cougar, coyote, marmite, muskrat, elk, deer, and so got to deal with it even though we don't want them. I have an 8 and 1/2 foot fence topped with barbed wire surrounding over 5 acres to keep some out, except for the bear and cougar. Carry a rifle when our dogs bark at something at night.

JL are my initials. The rest came from riding Harleys aka Hog.

Attachments

• 100_0229.JPG
    100_0229.JPG
    142.8 KB · Views: 6
I like Dogs and I live in the San Pedro Area (South Shores) of Los Angeles. I was active in a Ram Truck forum and chose Pedro Dog for that so I just kept it for this site as well. First name is Javier and wife is Joy.

That Z-80 internally looked a lot like a PDP-11, including the assembly language. I'd just had training on the PDP assembly when I bought the TRS-80 Model I in 1978 (a friend had bought one some months earlier), and we worked together understanding that editor/assembler until we could write some supplemental code (stored on a cassette, of course), even using the cassette recorder port to feed a keyboard click, among other things (lower case mod, etc. etc.).

Loved that Z-80...
Used a TRS-80 my senior year ('81) in HS writing simple programs in BASIC stored on a cassette. A Commador 128 was the centerpiece of an independent 1 credit course my senior year of college ('85). Started using an 8088 Leading Edge computer and 1400 BAUD dial up to transmit dairy production records from our dairy farm in Maine to Cornell University around 1987.

Back
Top Bottom