strange dash no heat problem!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

mrd341

hello all, upon our return trip home from the south last week, we discovered that we did not have any dash heat in our 2003 adventurer 35, although the coach heater worked fine, there was only very cold air blowing out of the dash vents no matter what we did with the controls, it was like the temperature dial did not work at all. We had to leave the defroster on high due to the windshield fogging up constantly! It was like driving with a window open in the winter for most of the 2 day trip home! I didn't get the chance to check it since we have been home due to the brutally cold weather we have been having until today. I went out, started it up, and let it idle for awhile in the driveway, now it seems to be getting heat from all positions, I measured the vent with infrared and was getting up to 119 degrees from the center vent, the same temp reading as the coach heater! after awhile, i noticed that the temperature out of the dash had gone cold again! I had a similar problem over the summer when i bought this rv, and I replaced the thermostat, and vacuum operated heater valve in the line going into the heater core after back flushing, and installed a shutoff valve in the line coming out of the heater core because at the time i thought the heater was warm not hot. It seemed to be working fine until this last trip home! any ideas on what can cause this type of intermittent no heat problem? It is a wh chassis with an evans system!
dennis

Could be a vacuum-line  leak or failed charcoal can.............most makes default to defrost vents only.

Vacuum lines can leak only when cold or only when hot. Also can be affected by engine speed since vacuum is highest at idle.

Go to the EVANS website and down load the manuals.  They have good trouble shooting or did have in the past and should lead you to the problem.
I'm guessing a vacuum leak, bad hose or valve.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thumpercolt
Back
Top Bottom