Submitting your DNA

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Molaker said:
I think I understand your forum user name now. :)

I got my internet nickname a number of years ago when I ran for a low level office as a republican.  It sort of stuck.

Here is a link to one of the articles I was talking about:  http://fusion.net/story/215204/law-enforcement-agencies-are-asking-ancestry-com-and-23andme-for-their-customers-dna/

and here's one from Wired Magazine:  http://www.wired.com/2015/10/familial-dna-evidence-turns-innocent-people-into-crime-suspects/

I got mine back with no surprises, but it did identify someone in their database that I did not know was a relative.

PopPop51 said:
"I am convincing myself to do the DNA test, after all at my age and limited life expectancy there is little damage that could be done."

Catblaster, at our age doing a DNA test is especially easy. After all, it's just drooling into a cup.  ;D

they could just take a drool sample from my beard but it might show up a biscuits and gravy.

I have already taken one DNA test and found myself a new 27 year old daughter and a grandson. Been great.

I just got my results back from Ancestry DNA...

They say I am:

Great Britain 68%
Western Europe 14%
Scandinavia 9%
Ireland 4%
Iberian Peninsula 2%
Eastern Europe 1%
Native American 1%
Less than 1% Asian

Who knows? But, it was fun anyway.

Is there a way to submit a DNA sample anonymously?  Any companies that will give only ethnic info and not include your personal info in a registry?

I know you can buy a drug store test kit for drugs or STDs.  It includes a sample collection kit, prepaid postage, and a unique anonymous identifier code.  Just call in for the results with no personal identifying info ever being submitted.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
anewvisionllc
Back
Top Bottom