Suburban hot water heater instructions

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Rick kl

This is my first day with a water heater you don't have to light yourself

I flipped the switch to "on" and the red light comes on, I can hear the burner ignite then it runs for a while then light goes off and the burner doesn't start again, the water is barely Luke warm, I flip the switch off and then on again it comes on only for a few minutes, goes off then won't automatically restart. The instructions that came with it spends 4 pages on how to install it and very little on how to run it, is the light supposed to stay on?

Rick

When you turn the "propane" switch on, the light should stay on until the switch it turned off. It sounds like a problem with your burner and/or ignition sensor. Check the flue and area around the burner, vacuum it out if you have a small vacuum that can get near or try to blow it clean. Frequently, rust or other debris will fall from the chimney and block the light or the ignition sensor and the burner shuts down.

I vacummed and  blew the area around the burner, I can't see any kind of sensor aorund this area the only wire is a big red one going to the igniter. Same drill as last time I push the button a red light comes on the burner lights (nice blue flame) the light stays on for 5 mins, then red light goes out, the burner continues for 15 mins then goes out and won't start. I pushed the reset button and it goes through the same sequence all over again. There is plenty of water and I have the right air cushion. is there a trouble shooting maual or a wiring diagram for these things

Thew igniter is also the flame sensor - it serves both purposes.

Link to many manuals are in our RESOURCES section. You can download a service manual for Suburban water heaters here:
http://bryantrv.com/docs2/docs/operating/swinstall.pdf

Doh! the cross over valve was passing!
no problem with the heater and I found out after when the burner ignites the red light goes off.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jasondenman
Back
Top Bottom