suggestions for Burien WA rv parks

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

chaplainrobert

Thanks in advance! I haven't been around much but still fulltiming for work in my 18' toy hauler. I just accepted a 3 month minimum contract in Burien, just south of Seattle. I am hoping for suggestions in or near Burien. Anyone ever camped in the area? There are several options when I google it but I would appreciate any firsthand knowledge. I begin 4/28 and will be there at least 13 weeks, if not longer. I am wanting to be as close as possible to minimize my daily commute so shout out if there is a nearby park offering monthly rental agreements. My favorite from google turned out to be a 55 years old or more park and I am a decade shy of that! Safe and quiet are my 2 biggests concerns. I work graveyard shifts so I need to be able to sleep during the daytime.

Hi, hope you enjoy your time in the Seattle area!  We are from Kent, WA (we also live in AZ in the winter).  There is a KOA in Kent, WA, that is about 2 miles east of I-5 (down Orillia RD) and maybe 10 miles from Burien.  It is away from other businesses so should be quiet from that aspect.  However, it is off of a busy street so I don't know about road noise.  It seems like a popular spot so may be worth checking out. Good luck!
Kathryn

Thank you. I will check them out. I am really looking forward to being there. I have never been to WA but spent 6 months in OR a year ago and loved it. I am hoping it will be similar.

there is also a small unknown park called canyon park rv around 130th and pacific hwy close to SeaTac airport. That's the closest park I know of to burien. They only do monthly and there is no age limit. You can look for it on google earth.

This park you mention is very interesting to me. I have searched google every way I can think of and found nothing. Do you have a link or phone number perhaps? I would like to check it out further. Thanks for the tip!

206-246-3028. Ask for Jake. Not sure if there is vacancy but there may be. Post if that number is any good.

I just spoke with Jake and got a physical address. I will be there Monday and report back on what I find. Thanks again, it is only 10 minutes from where I will be working!

Well, I wish I had a positive report. I was told that a spot would not be available until a week after my arrivial so I just booked a hotel for a week. I arrived here on the appointed day but still no place for me. I have spent the last week just parked in the grass with no hookups available. The shower house is definitely the most frightful one I have ever seen. Luckily, I have access to the locker room at the hospital after I exhausted my onboard water. I am hoping to get a permanent place in the next day or 2. On the positive side, the folks here are some of the nicest I have met anywhere and my fellow camp residents have done all they can to make me as comfortable as possible. At this point my assessment is that if I get hookups soon, it will be just fine. I have been calling around today and an affordable place nearby is not a likely find. I appreciate the suggestion and since I am not traveling with family, it will suit my needs once I get hookups. I doubt I would stay here if there was a wife or little ones in the equation.

Back
Top Bottom